News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Fun/Adventure Server

Started by tools, May 26, 2015, 08:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tools

Fun/Adventure server is crashing and resetting on every other map. It is nothing with models. It has been crashing and resetting on maps that don't have the models too.

p0izon

It'd be helpful if you listed what maps.

Shezari

Since there's already a topic I don't have to make one ◕ ◡ ◕

Yeah, the server crashing and maps causing TFC to freak out and ragequit is not something that lends to enjoyment.

I would like to take this moment to express a vitriol-free dislike for roleplay maps like mecklenburg and metropolis, not least because they get picked a disproportionate number of times.  They're subject to a buttload of spawncamping as well as players locking areas and killing themselves to deny access for the duration of the map (yes I've done this myself, mostly out of spite for people building sentries behind the doors in question).

There's nothing really fun about them, either.  The same goes with conc maps.  Most of the ones that get nominated have aggravating challenges, to say the least...

And lastly, Bart.  Nothing else, just Bart.  Hate that guy.

If you ask me, I'd chuck Mecklenburg entirely.  Metropolis can join it in hell, and conc_2v2_hi can get discarded somewhere in the deep recesses of Things that Aren't Fun.

p0izon

Just because you may not find these maps fun, doesn't mean others feel the same way you do. Clearly if they keep getting voted by the majority in the server, that means they actually do enjoy playing those maps.

and again, without knowing which maps are crashing the server, what can you expect me to do?

Shezari

Or maybe they're just trolling the rest of us?

As for which maps are crashing the server...it doesn't seem to be any specific map, as much as it happens at random and for no apparent reason.

deadly

ok so if there is no one, reason. we should be asking for specific times this happens as we have logs to look at, right? i have most of my weekend free so maybe i could, learn something?

CondensationMan

Shezari. I was there when you were on the server. All you did was call people bad names. You called all the players the 'stupidest bunch of fucking idiots' or something like that. I has asked you to tell us what to do since you seemed familiar with the map. You just continued with your insults. You were a big part of the problem.  Your chat logs will confirm this.
BTW  ...Meklenburg is a great map.

Date sort-descending.gif   Message   Server   Map
2015-06-04 12:32:15   bunch of fucking idiots..   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:31:09   and stay out.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:31:08   so fucking get out of the tower.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:31:03   skip, the guns will not stay aggro on you..   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:30:46   okay guess what.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:30:26   AND THIS IS JUST THE FIRST PART OF THE MAP..   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:30:10   it ends when people stop triggering the soldiers to shoot and let them go to sleep..   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:29:33   rtv.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:28:23   shutup.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:27:47   rtv.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:27:43   OR DO YOU JUST ENJOY BEING STUPID ON PURPOSE?.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:27:32   CAN YOU NOT READ ENGLISH?.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:27:26   oh you stupid ass fucks.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:27:19   one more.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:26:54   STOP RUNNING OUT TO GET SHOT!.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:26:50   DO YOU HEAR THE BEEPING?.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4
2015-06-04 12:26:48   HEY SHITHEAD.   -[EVIL]- Fun / Adventure   militia_beta_pt4

Shezari

You know when you tell people not to do something and they do it anyway?

I mean how many times do people have to get murdered by sentries before they figure out that there's motherfucking guns out there?  How many times do they have to see the bullets switch from shooting a harmless corner to turning them into bird food before they understand that one person sitting in a safe spot cannot keep the active turrets trained on him?

How many times do I have to sit through idiots blocking doors, sitting in tunnels hitting the person in front of them (who clearly wants to go back), or jumping onto item spawns when they have no clue what the item spawn is even FOR before they figure out that this is not how you beat the godforsaken map?

CondensationMan, you disappoint me.

Saleen219

maybe you need to find a different clans server to play on

ShouldBeNew_

Exactly what Saleen219 said. Also, 1/3 of the players on Fun/Adventure are either South American or they don't speak (they're shy) and some may not listen to all.
Fun/Adventure however has more likely South Americans and sometimes it can be full of North Americans, Canadians and other (Europeans, Asians).
Mecklenburg however is a big problem in Fun/Adventure. The spawn killing in it is a lot and over the last few days, i haven't really seen an admin in it. Fun/Adventure isn't very admin secured, it's more like Battlezone that is full of admins. Fun/Adventure players also have a second server they play on "Low Gravity" but that is more likely or not, full of South Americans too.

Overall, Fun/Adventure to me is a server with full of South Americans that can be filled with full of insults, spawn killing and sometimes even micspam? When it will be July 2015 and August 2015, i guess there will be more players on Fun/Adv than there are now and that is more likely to be South Americans if i'm looking into the 2014 July and August.

Shezari

Quote from: Saleen219 on June 05, 2015, 05:51:53 PM
maybe you need to find a different clans server to play on

I like to find servers that are 1) populated and 2) play something other than 2fort or dustbowl.

So you can imagine the frustration I feel when the same maps come up over and over and over and over and over.   :glarestraight:

CondensationMan

ShoULDbEneW is correct in his observations about the fun/adventure server. Many insults and uncooperative play. The different languages can lead to some players not knowing what need to be done. But...Mecklenburg is a good map. And Shezari, if you want to play dustbowl,   evil has a server for that. Also, Shezari, you should take a lesson from ShouldBeNew on how to be helpful in game. ShouldBENew always tries to help.  You just insult. 

Saleen219

its players like Shez that dont end up staying long. they earn themselves a perm ban.

Lighten up, lose the attitude, game on, play nice - or as i mentioned, find another server to play on. pretty simple

Shezari

Quote from: CondensationMan on June 08, 2015, 07:50:00 AM
ShoULDbEneW is correct in his observations about the fun/adventure server. Many insults and uncooperative play. The different languages can lead to some players not knowing what need to be done. But...Mecklenburg is a good map. And Shezari, if you want to play dustbowl,   evil has a server for that. Also, Shezari, you should take a lesson from ShouldBeNew on how to be helpful in game. ShouldBENew always tries to help.  You just insult.

I think you're kind of biased (and also ignoring a hell of a lot) here.  I said nothing about wanting to play dustbowl.  This is exactly my point.  Nobody listens.

CondensationMan

I may be biased but i am not ignoring anything.  Fun/adventure map is a clusterfuk when nobody cooperates on an escape map. It does not matter as much on mecklenburg. So, next time you get frustrated, i hope you calmly tell  us what to do. Because on escape maps, i usually have no idea what to do.