News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Online chat

Started by Venomous Fangs, October 03, 2014, 10:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venomous Fangs

Hey people

As any TFC player knows I use voice when playing. However I was muted the other night, so OK. Should I shut up and resort to text when online or just be quiet in general?   :o

Venomous Fangs

Hey people

As any TFC player knows I use voice when playing. However I was muted the other night, so OK. Should I shut up and resort to text when online or just be quiet in general?   

Saleen219

i pretty much automatically mute players that talk too much or scream or speak other than english.

If a player doesnt talk too much, then i have no problem with it. Muting a player is awesome to be able to do.

If i have you or someone else muted (sometimes it seems players get muted on their own??? meaning *I* didnt do it???), dont take it personally. it might be by mistake as mentioned, or i maybe have muted you or another player when i went to click on the players to allow me to scroll thru them (if that made sense).

Now, when you said you were muted, do you mean GAGGED? If muted, how do you know you were muted??

Saleen219

apparently my post didnt make it so here goes again.

What do you mean by muted, gagged?? how would you know you were 'muted'?

I only mute non english speaking players (cant understand them anyway), or players who simply wont stfu lol. now ive noticed at times a player will somehow get muted on my end, not sure how that happens, or i might click on the player on the team list so i can scroll down - that sometimes mutes players.

Depends on how much you - or any other player - talks. if its not game related i will mute sure.

This is the beauty of the mute function - that we CAN mute people.

Up to you. dont 'abuse' it. dont be screaming, an stuff like that.

Venomous Fangs

OK Saleen now you are getting technical  :grinwink:

All I know is that when I typed something I got a message that I was not able to do so for xxx min.

No major drama from my end, if u guys want me to put a sock in it and shusssh, no prob  :laugh:

Saleen219

oh - never seen or heard of that error msg.

No, *I* didnt mute or gag you but not sure what your are talking about, is about? Odd, never seen or heard of that before.

Also, basically, if you (any player not directed at YOU), spam voice or chat, then you can get gagged or actually muted (for spamming txt/chat) if it was mic but i dont recall ever doing either to you.

Unless/until someone else can offer up some info as to what happened to you - type/talk away. <shrug>

p0izon

I muted/gagged you because your voice chat was on for over 5 minutes without you speaking. When this happens everyone's sound gets lowered in game.

Guts

If anything you should be talking more with that awesome accent. Matter of fact, the last few times I played when you were on you didn't say anything over the mic. That needs to stop.

klumy

Quote from: El Guapo on October 03, 2014, 02:02:11 PM
If anything you should be talking more with that awesome accent. Matter of fact, the last few times I played when you were on you didn't say anything over the mic. That needs to stop.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. In fact, you should narrate your tfc experience whilst playing and/or possibly do a series of audiobooks.

Gimpy

I guess i will start adding commentary to my game as well. Can't go wrong with an accent and maybe a song here and there!!

SpamDaddy!

Im using an Australian accent from now on.  A tribute to our muted buddy!

Master

I have never had any problems with users using voice chat, so long as they aren't using it to troll in some way, I don't see a problem with general use, but as was stated by poizon, you were gagged/muted because 'your voice chat was on for over 5 minutes without speaking.'

You can use voice chat to communicate, but don't use voice chat for 'nothing'

Venomous Fangs

5 minutes locked on??? Thats wierd, I have also been having my mouse lock up randomly.

Bad Mojo there, maybe my motherboards on it's last legs...  :wideeyed:

Saleen219

what? No body likes/misses my Canadian accent?? (not that i have one)

Gimpy

That's okay Saleen... i don't have one either... :angel: