Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

sunblade ban appeal

Started by Cirno, January 27, 2016, 06:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cirno

banned id - STEAM_0:1:12381931
ban reason - admin disrespect

so like could i get unbanned or an update to the ban reason because there was no disrespect and also hlstatsx doesn't show chatlog text in quotes whats up with that

Cirno

Quote from: Rand on January 27, 2016, 05:21:36 PM
Have you not followed any of these? 

http://forums.esclan.net/index.php/topic,3756.0.html

i certainly dont follow the "have fun" rule because me having fun gets people to cry about walls or some other bs thus making them not have fun which would make them into the ones breaking the rules because now they're not having fun and the whining is making me not have fun... so outta respect for other players I just choose to just not have fun so other people dont break the rule :)

Guts

Cirno

Quote from: Rand on January 28, 2016, 04:43:37 PM
Ah, so you having fun makes people cry walls?  And thus neither you or other players have fun?

Have you done anything else recently to make other players not have fun?

I sniped for a bit, does that count?

Cirno

Quote from: Rand on January 28, 2016, 05:40:01 PM
Like Russell?

Did you catch one?

i did catch one, which got me banned thus i created this thread to get unbanned but you arent taking this appeal as seriously as an admin of your position should be which is pretty disrespectful tbh

Cirno

Quote from: Rand on January 28, 2016, 06:09:00 PM
So, are you saying that there is admin disrespect?

And also that you don't have fun and thus make others have no fun?

I already said there was no disrespect and I explained the fun rule, where have you been try and keep up

Cirno

Quote from: Rand on January 28, 2016, 06:43:11 PM
Just trying to clarify some things, thank you.  I run slowly, but can try to keep up.

Have you recently called out/pointed out to the opposing team where one of your teammates might be defending on a map?
my chat logs clearly show that I've requested some one come kill a friendly demo in my rafters, which is neither admin disrespect nor me not having fun

Cirno

Quote from: Rand on January 28, 2016, 07:27:41 PM
Why would you request an opposing team to come kill a defending demo?  Do you think that that would not ruin the fun for that player on your team?

Remember, it is TEAM Fortress Classic.

One of the long time unwritten rules on EVIL servers is that players don't 'call out' administrators.  You may argue that it should be written.  I would argue equally that it needn't be.  moot point

Have you recently called out an admin on the server?

my logs show that i never specified who was the admin and what their usual alias was, but it was pretty obvious that i was referring to the person saying things like "You might think its funny till you know who your dealing with." and "then learn to stfu for your own good." as those imply hes of higher status on the server(ie: admin), so technically you could say i pointed out an admin

pointing out admins is neither admin disrespect or me not having fun and while it apparently breaks some supposed unwritten rule, i should point out how ridiculously easy it is to break said unwritten rule and how its not a very good rule if you only choose to enforce it when you feel like it... in fact i distinctly remember you baiting me with concs under the name player a few times and me calling you out as rand, but not receiving any sort of warning about this unwritten rule despite you acknowledging me calling you out. i believe ive also pointed out klumy and swede while aliasing as well, but again no warning of this rule

Swede

You have not pointed me out, I would have remembered since its not common I use a diff nick.

This is just a bit of what happened:

"my logs show that i never specified who was the admin and what their usual alias was, but it was pretty obvious that i was referring to the person saying things like "You might think its funny till you know who your dealing with." and "then learn to stfu for your own good." as those imply hes of higher status on the server(ie: admin), so technically you could say i pointed out an admin."

Lets take a look of what happened the moment before he said "u might think this is funny...". Taken from the demomans chatlog, look at the time.

The demoman: "2016-01-26 08:17:13 Tell these team mates not to resent me working in red basement and to not give away my position."
You: "2016-01-26 08:18:05 [AM]SunBlade-K: theres a demo man in the rafters in the basement, come murder him please."

So right after he asked for not to give his position away, u did it. Is that your way if having fun/not fun? Working against ur own team. Ruining your teammates game by giving away their hidden positions that they might have worked hard to gain.

Let me remind you by showing 2 of the Game Server Rules located under Laws Of The Land:

[Have Fun] Players who aren't having fun aren't allowed to ruin the fun for others.
[Check Your Privilege] Your 'right' to play on our servers can be revoked at any time based on the judgement of any present admins. Play Nice ;)

Cirno

Quote from: Swede on January 28, 2016, 11:56:47 PM
The demoman: "2016-01-26 08:17:13 Tell these team mates not to resent me working in red basement and to not give away my position."
You: "2016-01-26 08:18:05 [AM]SunBlade-K: theres a demo man in the rafters in the basement, come murder him please."

So right after he asked for not to give his position away, u did it. Is that your way if having fun/not fun? Working against ur own team. Ruining your teammates game by giving away their hidden positions that they might have worked hard to gain.

actually swede i called the demoman out a full 2 minutes before he requests ladywolf to "tell these team mates not to resent me working(...)". lady responds to him with a question mark because she(i assume) didnt know what was happening and so he copy/pastes my and mugens chat(where he requests friendly fire). i did NOT call him out after he said that, nor did i call him out for the rest of the game

Swede

2 minutes and 1 sec is the proper time. I was wrong about you saying it after the demoman asked for not giving away his position. Im sorry about that.

My question still stands:

Is that your way if having fun/not fun? Working against ur own team. Ruining your teammates game by giving away their hidden positions that they might have worked hard to gain.

Let me remind you by showing 2 of the Game Server Rules located under Laws Of The Land:

[Have Fun] Players who aren't having fun aren't allowed to ruin the fun for others.
[Check Your Privilege] Your 'right' to play on our servers can be revoked at any time based on the judgement of any present admins. Play Nice ;)

Cirno

Quote from: Swede on January 29, 2016, 08:09:19 AM
2 minutes and 1 sec is the proper time. I was wrong about you saying it after the demoman asked for not giving away his position. Im sorry about that.

My question still stands:

Is that your way if having fun/not fun? Working against ur own team. Ruining your teammates game by giving away their hidden positions that they might have worked hard to gain.

but i WAS having fun and my "right" to play HAS been revoked thats why im appealing

Swede

1. U having fun broke the rule: [Have Fun] Players who aren't having fun aren't allowed to ruin the fun for others.
2. Since u didnt play nice u broke the rule: [Check Your Privilege] Your 'right' to play on our servers can be revoked at any time based on the judgement of any present admins. Play Nice ;)

U broke 2 of the Game Server Rules, if they are anything else the admin that banned u will tell u that.

Just giving u a heads up since u asked why u where banned in the beginning.
It´s the admin that banned u who decides what to be done about ur appeal.

Cirno

Quote from: Swede on January 29, 2016, 10:31:28 AM
1. U having fun broke the rule: [Have Fun] Players who aren't having fun aren't allowed to ruin the fun for others.
2. Since u didnt play nice u broke the rule: [Check Your Privilege] Your 'right' to play on our servers can be revoked at any time based on the judgement of any present admins. Play Nice ;)

U broke 2 of the Game Server Rules, if they are anything else the admin that banned u will tell u that.

Just giving u a heads up since u asked why u where banned in the beginning.
It´s the admin that banned u who decides what to be done about ur appeal.

but if the rule is to have fun, me having fun shouldn't be wrong, no?

sure you could argue that trolling isnt "playing nice", but i would argue that it happened once within a small five minute window yet i received an 8 day ban from a completely unrelated (yet biased) admin for such a small offense

crosby