News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Rock The Vote

Started by [IOD]RENEGADE-623, September 14, 2023, 11:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[IOD]RENEGADE-623

What mod is rock the vote on and how to set it up, anybody know?
Can't change the past, so why you let it haunt you?
can paint the future, but first you have to want to

Such a lonely road you ride, its not easy when you don't know why
such a heavy load to hide, you never win no matter how you try

pizzahut

AFAIK it's a modified version of Galileo, based on this old version:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=77391
Check section "Installation" in the thread.

New version (not the one which BZ uses):
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=273019
Check section "Requirements / Installation".

Master

[ 16] 15  Galileo                1.2.2.      Brad Jones with  unknown                          galileo.amx  running 

I am unsure where version 1.2.2 comes from, the only modification I can possibly think of would be an adjustment to the minimum RTV time, I know a few times I switched the minimum to be 2mins for those truly terrible maps, but I don't even think this is something we currently have configured.. I do know there was quite a bit of back and forth; the format of deagle's map management is preferred but the runoff voting is a downright requirement.. I think there was a modification to allow players to nominate maps during the countdown too

Bishop

Yes, I modified Galileo to allow you to nominate during the 10 second countdown and to force 2fort as an option for every vote.

I also seem to recall that mrcoala made some mods but not sure what they did.

pizzahut

Quote from: Bishop on September 17, 2023, 09:51:42 PMI also seem to recall that mrcoala made some mods but not sure what they did.
One change I noticed is that someone added a parser for the config instead of executing it, with the remark that this was done to prevent crashes. The parser can't handle asterisks though, cvars containing it must be set elsewhere (e.g. amxx.cfg).

[IOD]RENEGADE-623

tx guys, found it and got it installed on my mirror server, now just to get the settings right on it.  once I get it working, will be put on the online server. 

pizzahut

A bit off-topic, I took a look at the public server variables of the IOD server.

I would update AMXX and Metamod to a newer version, unless you have a reason to keep the old ones.

tfc_balance_scores might be better set to 0 in case people play OvD on a CTF map. In this case it's natural that the offence has a higher score than defence, and shouldn't be punished for it.

tfc_spectchat - by default it's 0, meaning spectators can't use global text chat. It might make sense to allow spectators to use global (text) chat.

sv_alltalk - 0 by default, meaning you can only hear your own team's voice comm. This is usually fine, especially on competitive servers. On public servers, it *may* be preferable (or not), that you can hear anyone's voice chat.

I noticed sv_airaccelerate has been increased slightly (12 instead of 10). I guess this makes it easier to bhop, but normally I wouldn't touch gameplay mechanics.

[IOD]RENEGADE-623

tx will implement those changes.  thought the amxx was the latest   LOL   the meta was what the company put on there but yea  will update that too.   I did the air accelerate before I found the bhop mod so was messing with that to see if it  would help (didnt help me much but  LOL) just forgot to put it back.  tho prob explains why the accelerate does seem a bit exaggerated now  LOL  Forgot how tedious it was to run a server.   I used the  same server cfg file I used back in the day when i ran planetiodine for clan iodine,(I have an issue with getting rid of old files, still have files from back when i had windows 95 on my external drive)  actually had the old tfl and ogl league configs also which i think i mixed into it. 

pizzahut

A fast download would be nice. Until it's set up, maybe disable the sound plugin because it's not possible to play until all sound files have been downloaded which takes ages without fast download.

Edit: I guess you're using the same sounds as Evil, so I wondered why it did download them all again. I took a closer look, seems you used the wrong folder name. Should be "sound", not "sounds". No idea why Valve didn't add an "s" to this one.

[IOD]RENEGADE-623

Yea some are same, some are from a different server, and some i made myself or downloaded long time ago.  How do you enable fast download? is it in server settings or is it a plugin?

pizzahut

Fast d/l = web space / web server, not included in TFC.

Many game server providers offer fast download (web space), some as a free addition / service.

You need to upload parts of the tfc folder to that web space (maps and required custom files):
- ".wad" files
- subfolders gfx\env (contains skies), maps, models, overviews, sound, sprites
These are the most common places for map resources.

When done, you need to tell TFC where the web space is. There's a cvar for it:
https://www.google.com/search?q=sv_downloadurl

[IOD]RENEGADE-623

ok, any idea how to set it up on the web site?   I do have the files uploaded to the web site in the tfc as main folder and the sub folders in it. (mainly just the sounds for now).  Have the url set in my server.cgf fileas  www.planetiodine.com/tfc but it doesnt seem to work.  Is there some certain way I havet o have it set on the web site to get it too work?  Tried their support ticket but they couldnt help.

pizzahut

The website is down for me, doesn't respond (network timeout).

https probably doesn't work with fast d/l, so should be http instead.

Not sure if a trailing slash is needed, on RV and BZ there is one.

Should be like this in "server.cfg" :

sv_downloadurl "http://www.planetiodine.com/tfc/"

The directory (folder) doesn't have to be visible, but a direct link to a file should work.
So for testing, clicking this should download the 2fort map description:
http://www.planetiodine.com/tfc/maps/2fort.txt

Hi pizza, yes I am able to modify

[IOD]RENEGADE-623

got it working, still cple files but they are old ones so think i just have to take them off server and resize them.  Thank you for the help, much appreciated