News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

2fort is overrated on its ability to bring players to server

Started by jdankens, January 27, 2017, 03:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2fort...

kills the server
1 (5.3%)
brings players to the server
10 (52.6%)
has mixed effects on players
6 (31.6%)
should be removed from server
1 (5.3%)
u r dum lol
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

jdankens

I hear a lot from admins on this server that '2fort fills the server up'.   I'd argue that it does only to a certain point.  It's a 'good' choice maybe if there are like 4 players on.  But if 20+?  It reduces the player count almost every time.   

The best rounds consistently had on this server are not 2fort.  2fort is not a bad map, but most of the veterans are sick of it and just leave or play it to fill time. From personal observation, other maps fill the server and retain it far better than 2fort, not to mention being more fun for veteran players and probably newcomers as well.

When custom maps get voted "*cry* that map will clear the server!" while sometimes it does, many other times it swells because it attracts the players sick of 2fort, and you end up getting a full server.  A full server on 2fort is rare unless it's peak time.

Other factors like how skill-stacked teams and time of day affect this also.

My proposal:  remove 2fort from voting list unless nominated.   It will get played plenty of times as-is with it being the default map.

Example: right now axldrop7 (a pretty shit map tbh) has 22 players, just 10 min ago on 2fort had less.

FjS

In my opinion, player activity drops off if 2fort automatically starts. For example, when Dustbowl or Osaka are over and nobody has chosen to RTV. Otherwise, 2fort does seem to have a lot of players.

I think 2fort should stay on the list because sometimes nothing is nominated or if there is a time out a lot of nominations get taken off, so having 2fort as a fall back is a nice idea.

sincie

I strongly believe 2fort is a huge buzzkill and way to overplayed. Also due to avd maps like dustbowl and osaka wich restarts the map after you capture all points. It would be nice if you guys can put some good maps in the vote list automaticly. like chimkey_l wich is basicly 2fort but wider hallways and just more fun. flagrun warpath avanti openfire_lowgrens ksour palermo troy2 shutdown2 etc. something more skillbased atleast then 2fort wich is just spam, blocking and Defence vs defence stuff. Same with maps like dub_forever or rock2 wich are just fkn terrible tbh. I think the problem is that there are allot of new players or players who simply dont have much map knowledge pressing 1 by default.

[EVIL]CocoPuff

Quote from: jdankens on January 27, 2017, 03:43:18 PM
I hear a lot from admins on this server that '2fort fills the server up'.   I'd argue that it does only to a certain point.  It's a 'good' choice maybe if there are like 4 players on.  But if 20+?  It reduces the player count almost every time.   

The best rounds consistently had on this server are not 2fort.  2fort is not a bad map, but most of the veterans are sick of it and just leave or play it to fill time. From personal observation, other maps fill the server and retain it far better than 2fort, not to mention being more fun for veteran players and probably newcomers as well.

When custom maps get voted "*cry* that map will clear the server!" while sometimes it does, many other times it swells because it attracts the players sick of 2fort, and you end up getting a full server.  A full server on 2fort is rare unless it's peak time.

Other factors like how skill-stacked teams and time of day affect this also.

My proposal:  remove 2fort from voting list unless nominated.   It will get played plenty of times as-is with it being the default map.

Example: right now axldrop7 (a pretty shit map tbh) has 22 players, just 10 min ago on 2fort had less.

Thank You for your interest and post. However, I strongly disagree!

crosby

If you amx_map 2fort, they will come.

If you amx_map openfire_lowgrens, trolls will come.

Master

Quote from: crosby on February 10, 2017, 10:06:34 AM

and if you amx_map shutdown2, you better hope like hell JoL is on vacation, because theres not enough time in a week to discuss if 'riding trains' can be considered 'disruptive play'

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: Master on February 10, 2017, 10:21:14 PM
Quote from: crosby on February 10, 2017, 10:06:34 AM

and if you amx_map shutdown2, you better hope like hell JoL is on vacation, because theres not enough time in a week to discuss if 'riding trains' can be considered 'disruptive play'

LOL

That sound tho!