News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Don't ban the man... ban the sand

Started by skuttleberry, December 16, 2016, 06:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skuttleberry

I know the topic doesn't make sense but bear with me here...
Not sure why I was banned, I play without sound so if you gave me a warning on voice I didn't hear it.  If it's because of my awesome binds, that's an atrocity towards fun.  But in your presence I would be delighted to cut back on their use if it bothers you so...  Just let me know via text chat next time. 

Cheers,
Skuttleberry
(SRY4SKTLN)

Banned Name    Skuttleberry
Banned SteamID    STEAM_0:1:19367492
BanLength    7600
Unban Time    12:46:18 12/21/2016
Ban Reason    
Banned By    -[EVIL]- VenomousFangs
Admin SteamID    STEAM_0:0:26599838

MMA-Fish_Pig

BZ 2fort 02:54 16 Dec 16 spamming spawn
Verbal warning given
amx_kick

BZ 2fort 3:11 16 Dec 16
EMPed spawn, when warned said "I wouldn't dream of it"
Ban Information
Name: Skuttleberry
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:19367492
Reason: NOW stop spamming spawn
Ban Length: 1 hour
Unban Time: 4:12:33 12/16/2016
BZ 2fort 06:08 16 Dec 16
Ban Information
Name: Skuttleberry
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:19367492
Reason: Racist jokes   
Ban Length: 5 days, 6 hours, 40 minutes
Unban Time: 12:46:18 12/21/2016
   i just read your inquiry  im not sure how to merge  topics yet but i can copy paste!!  i wasn't there, but recommend keep the nades away from spawn and the jokes cleaner!    you can always request a reconsideration or just ride it out!

skuttleberry

Whudaheck... racist?

Where do all the coolest black birds hang out?
THE CROWBAR.
© 2016 SkuttlInc.

Guess he didn't get it... But you guys can use it for your front page if you want ;)

And I would like to press charges for defamation of character...  You will be hearing from my lawyer.  (This is a formal request for reconsideration)

I would say spamming would be 2+ nades consistently and intentionally placed at spawn doors would you not?  JUST to make sure my definition is correct.  On a map like 2fort with a choke point right next to spawn in the ramp room I would say it's inevitable for a nade or two to OCCASIONALLY end up near spawn door during/after engagement.  Intentional spamming would be another story.

I'm not questioning your judgement... I'm judging the question.  ::)

Yours Truly,
Skuttleberry

Venomous Fangs

OK well lets be clear on this I do not ban people on "Incidental" nades on spawn. in your case there was a clear pattern of behaviour, and despite repeated verbal warnings you persisted with nading spawn, IIRC posting an excuse about people going into spawn as justification for nading the exit.

Adding to the point I was going HW as we know the toughest class there is on hp/armour was repeatedly getting killed just exiting spawn (so that means no other class player will be able to join), that is not just "oops", that is deliberately stopping others joining the game.

As for your joke yes I accept the take on it, but in view of your overall behaviour including spamming chat which I asked you stop this was just a final straw.

In short the question is overall attitude, I suggest you chill out and as I verbally said you will be welcome back once the general attitude improves.

skuttleberry

Ok Guvna listen up because I'm about to let the word of truth flow from my fingertips to your lcd screen.

If you read my first post you would have learned that I play with little to no volume so your verbal warnings were not heard aside from the one I responded to, and after which made sure to not throw nades near spawn without an intended enemy target.  If I engage in combat near the enemy spawn (which is a high traffic area) I am not going to stop using nades just because you have a vendetta against me because I'm swaggin like Bilbo Baggins.

No one in the server made any complaints about my style of play or my style of communication except you.. including another admin present.  I have been playing and using my binds in the same way any time I play on EVIL, which has been quite some time and have played with many admins.

I made no racist remarks so that's completely invalid... And I didn't hear any warnings about my binds, which are most definitely cherished by the community.  Based upon my being voted unanimously the #1 TFC player in the game.  Real facts verified by surveys sponsored by Skuttleberry Inc.

Maybe you just don't understand my sense of humor and that's fine... you sounded British and your country's comedy is god awful (not an insult, just documented facts based on surveys by Skuttleberry Inc.)...  If you did chat msg to lay off the binds a bit, then that would have been cool, I would have eased up on the fun to make you happier... because that's the kind of guy I am.  But don't assume everyone is playing with audio or hasn't muted you because I certainly don't like hearing others talk while I'm lighting it up like a champion.

This dead game is played for fun... quit taking it so seriously.  Throw me an olive branch and unban me and we can be mates... first pint of ale is on me and we can let bygones be bygones about that whole declaration of independence/revolutionary war thing.  If not... then I know you're a meaniehead and down with the redcoats.

Yours Truly,
Skuttleberry
(SRY4SKTLN)

PS. What the heck is this image of the dude's face in the corner of the input box?

Gimpy

Venomous Fangs is Australian...

I'm not going to say much here, as your request for lifting the ban is between you and VF.

Names at the spawn are not acceptable. If there are people playing in front of spawn, that is a different story. I did not pull the HLTV demos to see exactly what happened.

Also I'd like to point out that it does not matter if another admin didn't take action... an admin ignorance does not allow breaking of the rules.

Final point - fuck you. Monty Python is comedy gold. Watch one of the movies and prepare to be amazed.

skuttleberry

Admin ignorance would go the opposite way as well.. Over-enforcing a rule to where it doesn't apply for example, or claiming racism when it doesn't apply.  As well as being ignorant to the fact that not everyone listens to alltalk to hear these aforementioned examples of ignorance being ignorantly enforced.   No offense, but based on the way he plays, I would say his TFC IQ is quite low in comparison to most every other EVIL admin.  ( Does this help my unban chances VF? <3 )

Australia, that explains everything... All my jokes in the previous post are still applicable but replace the nouns with the following as you see fit... Kangaroo, Dingo, Boomerang, Steve Irwin, Vegemite. 

Monty Python... exception to the rule.  I'm painting in broad strokes here GEEZ CMON... Artistic license and whatnot.

Bishop

An admin gave you fair warning, which you ignored either deliberately or inadvertently...frankly, I find your playing without sound comment hard to believe.  Regardless, it is your responsibility to be able to receive and follow admin direction or face the consequence from ignoring their warnings.

skuttleberry

Anytime I play watch how I constantly overprime nades and kill myself... that's because I'm keeping a mental count rather than hearing the timer and botch it.

The reason I was banned was because of racism... The previous hour ban was for "spamming the spawn", which I absolutely disagree was the case but hey, agree to disagree... doesn't seem like VF has played this game very long so he probably doesn't really know what spam is.  I understand that. 

I returned a few hours after the ban expired and heard no warnings and spoke not a word of hate towards any race and was given the current ban. 

Don't issue warnings via voice... it's bad form and just asking for a miscommunication like this one.  USE YOUR ADMIN MSG COMMAND... that's what it's there for... to issue warnings that get noticed by the user amongst the normal chat.  I'm not going to turn up my volume just in case an admin doesn't like the way I'm playing, which is the same way I've been playing... on your server... for years.

This ultimately seems like a personal issue VF has with me and if no other admin wants to step up and join me with a voice of reason/unban then hey cool... One less player on your servers.

Venomous Fangs

Skuttleberry attempting to avoid any responsibility for what's transpired reminds me of a recent DUI driver who was speeding with a BAC of .17% and killed a pedestrian. In court he claimed a cat distracted him whilst driving and the pedestrian shouldn't have been on the curb. In fact it turns out everyone else was at fault this person got behind a wheel, whilst drunk, and was speeding. "Its the cats fault I drank too muck, drove like a tool and hit someone!"

Yes, rereading your statement, I understand the comment wasn't racist, but the ban was for your overall behaviour, not one isolated incident.

And no I don't have any personal issues with you, I don't even know you, it was your behaviour and attitude (which doesn't seem to be improving) that has caused this to happen.

skuttleberry

The fact that you say 'my behavior isn't improving' further cements the idea that you just don't get it... you just don't get it.

Here's a better analogy for you... I am going 80 in a 75mph zone because I'm running late to my Airshot Convention in the valley... There is a cop watching me "speed" and turns to his cat sitting next to him and says... "Hey suzie, tell this guy to slow down a little or I'm going to arrest him"...  I'm getting closer but still haven't slowed down... "SUZIE... TELL HIM TO SLOW DOWN OR IM GOING TO ARREST HIM"...

I drive past the cop and wave with a smile... The cop immediately pulls me over and arrests me for speeding and says I flicked him off while mouthing the phrase "I hate black people and jews".

Thank you for your service my friend... The community thanks you for all you do to keep the criminals like me at bay... the world is a better place because of you and Suzie.

Gimpy

I've locked this topic now that I've seen it's going nowhere.