News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Fifty STEAM_0:0:14792857

Started by Fifty, April 20, 2016, 12:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fifty

I was banned from EVIL 2 or 3 years ago and can't remember why. I just came back to DoD a couple of weeks ago and as you all know there are very few servers left. I'd love to get unbanned from your server if at all possible. If you guys have any information about my ban that would be helpful. I tried to look it up under your ban list but I don't think it goes back far enough. Anyways thanks and hope this gets a response.

Master

I too am unable to find your ban.. are you sure you are currently banned? We like to give people the opportunity to come back and prove they can be good players and clean our ban list from time to time, have you tried to connect to our servers? What is the message you recieve when trying to join?

Fifty

Hey Master thanks for the quick response. Yea I tried to connect sometime last week and then again tonight. When I try to connect it says "You have been banned from this server".

Master

What server are you trying to connect to? This is not our default ban message and I just checked and you don't appear on the default banlist.

EDIT: Just checked your steamid on our stats page and you don't show up, which means you have not ever even attempted to connect to our servers, perhaps you are confusing our servers with some other server(s)?

Fifty

Hm that's odd. So I just checked to make sure I'm attempting to connect to your server. EVIL Home server - IP Address: 74.201.57.8:27015

I tried to connect through console this time and this is the readout;

] connect 74.201.57.8:27015
Connecting to 74.201.57.8:27015...
Connection accepted by 74.201.57.8:27015
* ML_NOTFOUND: PRIV_SET
You have been banned from this server

Hope that helps. Thanks again for the quick responses.

klumy

That's a DoD server. We don't run those.

You have the wrong EVIL ;)

Gimpy

We're a Team Fortress Classic, TFC, community.

You're welcome to join any of our servers!

Fifty

LOLLL Well that's embarrassing! Sorry for the mix up.

Fifty

Haha just so you know if you google EVIL DoD Clan or anything similar it links you to one of your forum posts titled Day of Defeat Evil Soldiers Clan. I clearly wasn't paying enough attention though. Cheers!

Master

Quote from: Fifty on April 20, 2016, 03:10:54 PM
LOLLL Well that's embarrassing! Sorry for the mix up.
It happens, I did some searching myself and was unable to find any sort of website for this DoD clan, so I can imagine it would get quite confusing.. it looks like the creator of the server has had many other side projects that also.. seem to have been forgotten ;)

I found two different websites that both lead to advertising sites.