News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Maybe he had a bad day...

Started by Draken, July 18, 2015, 10:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draken

So I'm playing on your server yesterday. Map vote comes up and Totalwar wins the vote. After the map changes someone that I'm completely unfamiliar with says something to the effect of "this is a shit map", to which I promptly retort "well noone cares about your worthless opinion". Next thing I know I'm permabanned.

Now there are several problems with this.. first off, I was just speaking my opinion. I thought that was okay to do, you know, free speech and all. Secondly I had NO idea Master was an admin. As much as I hate it, it does change things. I should be able to speak my mind regardless, but in reality you walk a different line with an admin, but I had no way of knowing he's an admin.

But the most glaring and unforgiveable part about this whole event is that me, the pub player, was never warned. Noone said "hey Draken, he's an admin, shut up". It is gross negligence to assume I knew that, and to mete out punishment without a warning. To put it simply, if I was warned to discontinue my behaviour by a known admin and THEN I did not, sure, ban away. But no warning, no declaring he was an admin, no kick, just straight to a permanent ban. Really? I ran a top tier clan back in the day and I never stooped to such levels. What kind of insecurities brings this kind of reaction? I already know the answer.

I love TFC. I have been playing since 1998 when it was new. I have Beta tested for them, ran a top ladder clan and had admin on many servers. None of that made me feel entitled to abuse my power because someone disagreed with me. It's petty, it's immature and it speaks volumes about the lack of character of the person doing that.

All that being said TFC is dying, languishing, barely surviving. In its heyday it might have been easier to ban away because guess what, a thousand other players would fill the dolts place. But now? Really, you want to ban a life long player with great standards and teamworking skills and why? Because he disagreed with your sentiments, or had the NERVE to challenge you? A great leader is not so easily outraged. A secure person surely is not. Like it or not Master, that lashing out spoke volumes of your insecurity, and the great part is that you know that deep inside. Maybe your clan mates don't say it out of respect or fear, but it's there nonetheless.

When I join a server I pick the losing team, EVERY TIME. You know why? I believe in fair game play and enjoy a challenge. Most don't. If the newbie players gets ridiculously owned right out of spawn every time he will probably get fed up, exasperated and quit, and perhaps not return. I don't want that. I want this ancient, archaic game to last forever, so I try to do my best to make it great for everyone.

After a community vote for a map, and the majority winning that vote, and someone I didn't know talking shit about that map, I spoke my mind. If that warrants a permanent ban in your mind then fine, let it stand. But as a very experienced TFC player what should have happened is this... Master says "hey, pipe down, I'm an admin and one more remark like that and you are banned". That would still be infantile and stupid, but if after that I said something else disrespectful the onus would be on ME. Instead it is squarely on HIM. You don't perma ban a guest who has no idea who you are because they disagree with you.

And here is the Console Log of the event. Please pull the logs, all of you, to see what I said was true. And my email is cessnapilot4fun@yahoo.com if you want to discuss this after it probably gets deleted.

Thank you,

Draken

Name: Draken
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:25448885
Reason: My opinion matters more than your entire existence
Unban Time: Permanent Ban
Admin Name: MasteR
Admin SteamID: STEAM_0:1:901100
Ban Information
Name: Draken
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:25448885
Reason: My opinion matters more than your entire existence
Unban Time: Permanent Ban
Admin Name: MasteR
Admin SteamID: STEAM_0:1:901100

Draken

And the "my opinion matters more than your entire existence" also speaks volumes. I would love to get a psychologists opinion of this kind of ego lol.

Bonaparte

Draken,  telling somebody they have a worthless opinion speaks volumes too.  Also, I think you are inconsistent with yourself: it shouldn't make a difference if the person is an admin or not, because it's uncalled for to say somebody has a worthless opinion.  You think it's unfair that you were banned without being warned he was an admin, but how would it be fair to be banned merely because you said that sort of thing to an admin and not a regular pub person?  I don't want accuse you of having a double standard, but it almost seems like it.  Lastly, you might want to watch what you say about getting a psychologist's opinion on another person; they might have an opinion on you too... Just sayin'

Butterbean

Swede

Thank you for posting Draken.

Master is clanleader for EVIL-clan if you didnt already know it. He runs a healthy and growing clan.

I did as you asked and looked into your chatlog.

Here are some of it:

2015-07-17 06:27:49 turd if you were as good as you think you are, you'd be decent.
2015-07-17 06:21:28   more like cock burglar.
2015-07-17 06:19:03   do you suck your own dick?.

2015-07-12 13:18:35   (Team) you keep it up Geno and I'll switch teams and own your ass.
2015-07-12 13:33:37   you are my bitch.

2015-07-12 12:23:07   oye tell your boyfriend that I said HELLO and to take it easy on your dialated rectum, that thing has been beat to h.
2015-07-12 12:22:07   oye swallows cum by the gallon.
2015-07-12 12:21:32   Oye likes to fondle the genitals of young boys.
2015-07-12 11:59:18   Oye how much cock have you gobbled?.
2015-07-12 11:57:10   oye your boyfriend will be proud.
2015-07-12 11:55:16   told you fuck stick.
2015-07-12 11:54:14   pretty sure Oye takes it in the ass daily.
2015-07-12 11:53:44   so this cock gobbler can be kicked.
2015-07-12 11:53:29   no admins.

2015-07-10 16:57:14   ALL YOUR WHINING FROSTY, ARE BELONG TO JAIL BITCH.
2015-07-10 16:53:25   ALL YOUR BLEACHED ANUS, ARE BELONG TO US.
2015-07-10 16:51:16   ALL YOUR MOMS SEMEN IN HER MOUTH, ARE BELONG TO YOU.

2015-07-10 17:00:42   ah the multi gun talentless whore.

We have 11 rules for the gameservers to follow. You find them under info.

You have broken 4 of the 11 rules with your chat:

[No NSFW Chat]         If you wouldn't say it to someone you work with, please don't say it here.
[No Discriminating]   Sexist, racist, cultural, or derogatory remarks are prohibited.
[Respect Everyone]         Respect all players, and all the rules.
[Check Your Privilege]   Your 'right' to play on our servers can be revoked at any time based on the judgement of any present admins. Play Nice.

So I understand if you got banned. The last incident might be what filled up your "score" of rulebreaking to give you a ban.
You are allways welcome to post a ban appeal but as I see it nothing has been done wrong from our side.

Draken

Swede yes I use some 'colorful' or bad language, this is true. But those chat logs are taken out of context as well. Geno was a sniper team shooting me repeatedly. I don't even care about he stripped armor but he was physically 'moving' me with his sniper shot.

Oye was way worse.. he was on my team but grabbing the enemy flag and refusing to cap it. Other players were complaining too. And I did switch teams and mostly keep him from getting the flag so that he couldn't do that.

Turd Burglar, while I don't remember the exact scenario, I'm pretty sure he deserved it :)

Let the ban stand if you want, but Masters decision is still not right. No warning, no kick, and not one thing had been said to between us until the 1 line each preceding my ban. Even cops give warnings a lot of times, they just don't throw you in jail on the first offense without one. That's the part that is indefensible. Even if it was over what I was saying to the other players, just one "Draken, watch your language/tone/dialogue" would have solved the problem, but there was none. I think most admins would agree telling someone they are treading thin ice before they let them fall through it is the norm. I can't recall anyone going from 0 to permaban...

Master

Yeah, I go to a permaban more often than not, but I always remove the ban(s) after some amount of time, this is just how I do things.

You were not banned because of what you said, you were banned because I looked you up to see why you would say this and found you to have a serious potty mouth, which as swede has already pointed out.. is not allowed on our servers.

Was a permanent ban too harsh for this? Absolutely. Should this ban be lifted? Absolutely NOT. I don't care one bit for people who can't play nicely with others, I was simply giving you the respect that you gave me. I was going to lift this at the end of this week (tonight, Sunday night 7/19) but because of this comment here:
Quote from: Draken on July 18, 2015, 10:40:15 PM
And the "my opinion matters more than your entire existence" also speaks volumes. I would love to get a psychologists opinion of this kind of ego lol.
I have decided to keep your ban until the end of August. if you don't want to be nice to our players (regardless of how bad they are or how much they troll) then I do not want you to play on our servers at all. If you see a problem with a player you should report it to an admin, what you do is just contributing to the problem.

Draken

So I have to watch my mouth but you can run yours? You think its okay to say to another player "my opinion matters more than your entire existence"? lol tad bit hypocritical don't you think? Can you defend that statement? If you think that's okay to say to someone but I can't say an opinion is worthless then you are using a serious double standard and you can just permaban me forever if the power tripping does it for you.

And I don't believe you 'looked me up' and saw that I had a potty mouth, you banned me almost instantly. I believe you didn't like me saying your opinion was worthless and that was the entirety of it, period. Now that Swede has pulled up logs you trying to use that as a defense but it has nothing to do with what transpired between you and I. You are the clan leader and someone had the nerve to say something unflattering to you and you wielded your power to smack that person down. Good job.  If you were there for the other stuff I said, when I was BEGGING for an admin, I assume you would have taken care of things, but you weren't there.

And still, ONE SINGLE warning of the impending doom would have been the norm for any admin to any player, just ONE. This other stuff is trivial. I deserved a warning to know that I needed to change something but I never got it. Regardless of what happens to me I hope you afford other players the chance for a warning before using your ban stick, it's only fair.

Master

Quote from: Draken on July 19, 2015, 11:04:41 AM
So I have to watch my mouth but you can run yours? You think its okay to say to another player "my opinion matters more than your entire existence"? lol tad bit hypocritical don't you think? Can you defend that statement? If you think that's okay to say to someone but I can't say an opinion is worthless then you are using a serious double standard and you can just permaban me forever if the power tripping does it for you.

And I don't believe you 'looked me up' and saw that I had a potty mouth, you banned me almost instantly. I believe you didn't like me saying your opinion was worthless and that was the entirety of it, period. Now that Swede has pulled up logs you trying to use that as a defense but it has nothing to do with what transpired between you and I. You are the clan leader and someone had the nerve to say something unflattering to you and you wielded your power to smack that person down. Good job.  If you were there for the other stuff I said, when I was BEGGING for an admin, I assume you would have taken care of things, but you weren't there.

And still, ONE SINGLE warning of the impending doom would have been the norm for any admin to any player, just ONE. This other stuff is trivial. I deserved a warning to know that I needed to change something but I never got it. Regardless of what happens to me I hope you afford other players the chance for a warning before using your ban stick, it's only fair.

1st: I don't need to do ANYTHING, I came in and said 'this map is shit' as I say all the time, because its a KNOWN problem because of the mapvote being mis-used when weapon switching and most of the hispanics still dont understand it so just press 1 to get it off the screen. You felt the need to say 'Master nobody was asking for your worthless opinion.' Okay, fine I don't care if anybody asked for my opinion, but your response is definitely against the rules (play nice or dont play at all) At this point, I was just going to permagag you, but I opened up the stats page and saw that you have a past history of some rather offensive language:
QuoteDirty Harry is the nickname of my mistresses cooch.

bunch of fucking mary's.

I love how the weaker players gravitate towards the already winning team. I always chose the weaker team when I join..
ALL of these things are unneeded and show your combative nature. just play the fucking game, nobody cares about how much of a tough guy you are.

I don't EVER give warnings. EVER. If you somehow have caused me to get involved at all, you have gone way past stepping out of line, Your behaviour has obviously been going unchecked, and now seeing your appeal for this ban, I seriously see no reason to allow you anywhere near this community at all.. perhaps you should just go play on drippy's (assuming you aren't already banned there)

Saleen219

free speech does not apply here. sorry but these servers are private property and your constitution does not apply.

id have banned you as well, esp after reading your chat logs.

p0izon