News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

35 day ban for ?

Started by Tacos, May 07, 2015, 02:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacos

This ban was not addressed to me or instated while I was on the server. Only after returning to the server today did I find myself to be banned, so I am a little confused as to when and why this happened. Here is some basic information:

Banned user: Thesetacos Aregood
Banned user ID: 629257
Admin: Saleen
Admin ID: 10117928
Comment: trolling, admin abuse

I am honestly not sure why you felt this was necessary or appropriate, Saleen. I do understand that you may have some anger or resentment towards me for whatever reason. However, this seems to stem from me simply killing you in game. And this is something I see from MANY users that kill you in game. So am I to assume I am somehow able to incur numerous violations simply by engaging you in game?

With that said, why was I banned for 35 days? I have seen many users kicked/banned for spamming or camping the respawn door, which is wrong, but this is something that I do not do. Also, what is the admin abuse or trolling comment about? How was I abusing you? How was I trolling? And how does this constitute a 35 day ban?

To me, TFC is one of the greatest games of all time, and not because capturing the flag is particularly fun. I'm a fragger. I'm also a donating community member, so I think it is fair to ask these sort of questions for a ban that I feel to be unreasonable. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Master

Hello Tacos. While I know very little about the situation, I do know that you are a skilled player, and skilled players tend to have a shorter fuse when dealing with the problems you should expect from a pub.

I agree with you that the ban reason is not very descriptive or informative (this is a recurring problem lately and I'm working on a plan of action so it no longer happens)

All I can recommend for now is to wait for the admin who banned you to reply. Thank you for what you've done and I hope this problem comes to a resolution we can all be happy with, hope to see you back out there soon tacos.

Saleen219

you're a troll simple as that.

We had a flag holder, wouldnt cap, so i used team chat to tell him to stop fucking around and cap the flag (as i was getting to the point where i was going to kick or slay, or both the flag holder).

Of course you have to stick your nose into it and go on the attack onto me. In your eyes i was either a pissed off player, or an admin - doesnt matter you went on to troll me.

When I had enough and slayed you, you get an attitude about it. so i kicked you to put a stop to it. for what ever reason you didnt come back in, where if you did I would have told you to stop trolling, stop the attitude and show the admins respect instead of 'dont cry me a river'.

When an admin is administrating, we dont need other players sticking their nose into it. doesnt concern you in any way shape or form. keep your thoughts and comments to yourself.

Respect works both ways. If a player doesnt show me any, he wont get any. simple as that.

the 34 day ban was mean to be 3, but i decided to add another zero. is it too long? course it is, im not an idiot. is 3 days too long? sure. long time players dont seem to 'get it' as far as the rules/punishments are concerned, so yes we will go after those players a little more heavily.

stop the trolling. show the other players and admins respect - pretty sure thats a rule...respect all players.

Saleen219

[AdvancedBans] ADMIN :  unbanned Thesetacos Aregood [STEAM_0:0:629257] [Ban Reason: trolling, admin abuse]

Tacos

I don't consider myself to be a troll. Instead, maybe we have very different senses of humor. At least that's how I interpret it. And I apologize if I offended you, Saleen. I say that in good faith so that maybe we can dissolve /some/ of the bad blood.

As for the incident, yes, I did not initially know that you were an admin. But the reason I responded to you the way I did was because you quoted (Don't fuck around) an old-school Arnold Schwarzenegger gag. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKV74qkokmk

In any event, thanks for the unban.

Saleen219