News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Demo recording help/Frag movie help!

Started by SwiftMCPro, May 30, 2014, 09:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwiftMCPro

Hello! I'm sorry for posting so much questions :/
anyways, I wanted to try making my own frag movie.
Well of course I could normally record the demo and show peeps the first person angle but when i see people recording a cs 1.6 frag movie(look it up youtube if you don't know) I see that they can record from a different angle. I'm not sure if you get me but like for example, when you record a demo and play it back you see the first person mode of yourself. but let's say you are fighting someone and instead of that first person mode, you want a different camera angle, as if some one else is in spectate mode recording you fight someone else! Now, I have researched alot but they said use a HLTV.exe and connect to the server you play on and record demo. I don't think you allow that do you? But one method works for me which is the command in console: dem_forcehltv 1

When i enter that, i then play back the demo and i can switch spec modes and see myself. However, here comes another problem. I can see other players in the EVIL server running around but when i spec my self in third person mode or free look mode, i seem to be invisible. I mean in the locked camera mode it shows my name but im invisible! only in the First person spec mode then can i only see my arms and my current weapon. Other than that in other spectating modes, my player model is just invisible. So I've got 2 questions:

1. Is there a better way to record in a different camera mode other than dem_forcehltv 1 or using hltv.exe to connect?(If you read the whole thing, i gave an example of what i mean)

2. How do i fix MY OWN player model being invisible? I can still see my name in FPS spectator mode but in other modes I can't

Thanks in advance and sorry I know I'm kinda beating around the bush but I'm trying to give every detail i can and FYI I am talking for both CS 1.6 and TFC.

p0izon

SwiftMCPro

Thanks for helping but all the methods from both sites did not work for me :/ my model is still invisible in dem_forcehltv 1

Got any more solutions? :/

p0izon