News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

RIP headset

Started by p0izon, July 01, 2015, 03:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p0izon

Any recommendations for a good gaming headset w/ a decent mic?

Saleen219

I like my Creative Fatal1ty - juliet recommended it to me as well

klumy

I use the Razer Carcharias'. I can't even remember how long i've had them, very durable and reliable. I've ran over the cord to them with my chair at least 10000 times.

Juliet

creative fatality!  They're pretty cheap.  Very strong.  Decent quality all around.  No complaints!

Rand

Around the ear Plantronics. Barely ever use the mic, though. 

Master

Quote from: Rand on July 01, 2015, 05:54:08 PM
Around the ear Plantronics. Barely ever use the mic, though. 
plantronics gamecom 367.. I bought TWO of these before the price of them skyrocketed to 80 dollars when they were .. discontinued/changed I loved this headset so much but couldnt justify spending that much on them.. now I use my logitech g930 headset.. 7.1 surround sound.. wireless.. noise cancelling microphone.. its pretty sweet.. but it is a bit pricey (60-80 USD)

Venomous Fangs

TT e-sports are the headphones I use, get them for about $50.00. I don't know how they compare with the others mentioned, but you will know how effective the mic is at least :-)

Master

Quote from: Venomous Fangs on July 02, 2015, 02:26:18 AM
TT e-sports are the headphones I use, get them for about $50.00. I don't know how they compare with the others mentioned, but you will know how effective the mic is at least :-)
Does the accent come with the headset, or do I need to pay extra for that? :^)

Venomous Fangs

Aussie versions do, US translator function might be a bit redundant though... :-0

Paz

You CANNOT stop me, you can only hope to CONTAIN me!

Saleen219

ya although made in China, I got the Canadian version somehow

p0izon

Thank you for all the suggestions.

Necro-Clutch

http://trittonaudio.com/prod/pchead.asp

MadCatz makes the best peripherals I have found over the years. Every Razer product I have purchased ended up being a waste of money because they break.

The Tritton mic on these headsets are just as good as a blue condenser mic, crisp and clear with no over-the top background noise.

Tacos

AD700 + stand-alone mic.

Outstanding soundstage and auditory awareness, but a less than robust mic system.