News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Expanding our frontier

Started by Master, June 14, 2011, 04:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master

We have been running TFC servers since before this clan was even 'official' and while that is absolutely perfect, I have noticed that we all aren't always playing TFC, so I am bringing up the opportunity to expand out the clan to other games that the clan can fully enjoy, so my question to you the clan members is: do you want to see EVIL servers in any other games?

I am really hoping to get more than three responses, but im not expecting it... let's see how that goes...

bapx17 503's finest

Here is what i have to say about this, I have ran a lot of servers and clans back in my day, and i know that we all love TFC 1.6, but it is slowy diein out and to keep a clan a live we need to move to diff games here is a list of games i think we should get into, and with doing that we add diff things to the games we play in some servers to have a way of gettin more money for the servers and more and ect lol

1)tfc 1.6
2) cs.16 (just like tfc 1.6 its slowy diein but people still play
3) tfc 2
4) CS:S
5) I dont know if we can host BF servers
that is just some games, theres many but we should hit a high played game hard like tfc2 or css and do it BIG !!!
A New Gaming ERA has begun | New-Alliance World Gaming Association

bapx17 503's finest

One more thing, maybe change up the website if we do move to bigger games i like it, but we should have more so people want to come back like top 5 players or player of week month ect more give aways all that jazz

Go to my old website i had its www.nacrew.vze.com
and if you look what i had i have a link to the games we played some, and it went to a diff site :P

barconcern@hotmail.com

I feel neutral on this subject, It just sounds like TF2's debut again every time i think about it...
...and that just turned into a muckfuck.

bapx17 503's finest

barconcern@hotmail.com

I guess you would of had to have been here for it...
On the other hand, As long as we have admin actively playing any of the games we start a new server of, I think that would be fine...
I just feel like we shouldn't be expanding to much until we at least have the tfc servers in full function and finished...
We shouldn't start a new book till we finish the old one in short...
But games like CS, which you actively play bapx, or Minecraft that you actively play master, I feel like as long as it doesn't bog down the Dedicated server, that's within reason.

Master

We are set as far as the servers bogging down the box, we are using almost 5% cpu usage and only half of the available RAM, and as far as the server stability goes... thats a story for another day. in the terms of what needs done still, maps need to be uploaded to the servers and then mirrored to the fastdl, so I need a list of maps made up sometime :P

Other than that, I think we are all set

Zachery980

lets do it but, if you think about it 5-10 years later we will be back to where we started :P
if you cant hack it or mod it, it ant worth it

Master

Quote from: Zachery980 on June 15, 2011, 06:59:57 PM
lets do it but, if you think about it 5-10 years later we will be back to where we started :P
It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

bapx17 503's finest

lol, almost everyone goes back to were they started, if you do a cs server you know i will be on it s a lot lol

Zachery980

i just hate chasing my own tail.   :( thay always kill the good carp :P and make you up grade to some thing pumped up and looks good but it did the same thing, then we repeat. drives me nuts but, thats life so lets go and play  ;D
if you cant hack it or mod it, it ant worth it

Master

We definitely aren't killing off anything here, we are just trying to expand our horizons to hopefully increase our user base, TFC is and always will be our main priority, we aren't ever going to forget about it or neglect it, TFC is our highest priority of all of our servers under all circumstances.

bapx17 503's finest

yea, TFC will always go thew are blood  :D ok i do have a Q I may have some people that play CS 1.6 that may want to join soon, if so is it the same way, come here and do the Membership Application?
if so i will start sendin them this way :D

Master

Yes, we plan on having a counterstrike server up and running very soon.

EDIT: and yes, send them to the membership application page.

bapx17 503's finest