News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

More NEOtf bs

Started by SpamDaddy!, February 07, 2014, 11:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpamDaddy!

Please disable the scout ability to ignore SGs. Thank you.

schuffler

Saleen219

and slow those peckers down lol (the scouts) - i mean samn near lightning speed lol

p0izon

Might as well just remove NeoTF.

Master

Quote from: p0izon on February 08, 2014, 11:10:49 AM
Might as well just remove NeoTF.
I feel like this is the only solution to all of the problems when someone says X is overpowered, but we've been over this several times and there are many mixed responses.

SpamDaddy!

I respectfully disagree. Some aspects of NeoTF are really cool..some are not - whhy not eliminate those things that are OP. THAT ability is OP. Quickdet was OP and it was eliminated.

When super speed bhoppers get NeoTF fast scout upgrade AND trimp AND then get to ignore SGS? That is the very definition of OP.

In truth most of the issues would be resolved leaving NeoTF alone and simply cutting back the super speed boosts.

TheDeathDoctor

i gotta try these super speeds out. maybe ill get on that scoreboard :)
Licence & Registration, CHICKEN FUCKER! BaGAWK!

Minky

I agree with both spam and master, but if you are to keep neotf, then either make everyone potential superheroes, or diminish that potentiality from certain classes. The tough part would be to figure out how to even them out, I obviously have no clue and can only attempt to give an idea so that those with the ability can work it out. I just hope I don't add on to your busy daily life, however improving the servers is always an ongoing overhaul it seems.

p0izon

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on February 08, 2014, 11:17:11 AM
I respectfully disagree. Some aspects of NeoTF are really cool..some are not - whhy not eliminate those things that are OP. THAT ability is OP. Quickdet was OP and it was eliminated.

When super speed bhoppers get NeoTF fast scout upgrade AND trimp AND then get to ignore SGS? That is the very definition of OP.

In truth most of the issues would be resolved leaving NeoTF alone and simply cutting back the super speed boosts.

Fast Scouts & QuickDet are not NeoTF features. Fast Scouts comes from the TFC Tech Mod & QuickDet is an AMXX plugin.

Removing the TFC Tech Mod would even everything out honestly. Almost every technology is OP when combined with NeoTF.

Scout:
- Fast Scouts
- Armor Piercing Nails
- Flag Touch Restock
- Teledisk
- SG Bypass

Sniper:
- Adrenaline
- Anti-Gravity
- Armor Piercing Nails
- Flashbang
- Anti-Missile Launcher (Which can also launch missiles)

Soldier:
- Quad Rage
- Early Det Rockets
- Tripmines
- Remote

Demoman:
- Sticky Pipebombs
- Adrenaline
- Anti-Gravity
- SaberDisc
- Landmines

Medic:
- Knockback Supernailgun
- Flag Touch Restock
- Anti-Grenade Pod
- Snark

HWGuy:
- Fast Firing HWGuys
- Anti-Gravity
- Adrenaline

Pyro:
- Adrenaline
- Improved Pyro Armor
- Anti-Gravity
- Freeze Thrower
- Jetpack

Spy:
- Cloaking
- Armor Piercing Nails
- Feign Regeneration
- Anti-Gravity
- Air-Strike
- Hoverboard

Engineer:
- Railgun Shockwave
- Movable Sentry Guns
- Adrenaline
- Regeneration
- MultiGuns

deadly

I do agree that the two together is over kill. although I would like to see neo stay over tfc tech. only because tfc tech interfered with weapon drop. plugin that master worked so hard on. and I don't like the spy cloak. 

I do remember reading this along time ago it is from the drippys page.

" The server limits bhop (AKA strafe-jumping in some circles) by employing a server side check that limits your speed to 130% of your class maximum when you jump. Since your client does not do the same check, you will notice yourself being warped back if you go over this limit. It does not limit all methods of gaining speed over your class limit, the most common being wall strafing. , which is still allowed. You will notice if you jump while wall strafing, you will be limited back to your class max speed. There are no server rules concerning class speed, if you can get away with it, its allowed. The one exception to this is using a cheat (speedhack), which falls under the no cheating rule.
As to why bhop is restricted: When the original Team Fortress mod came out (for simplicity, we will say for QuakeWorld - QWTF), it added a class based diversity to what was then a deathmatch/CTF only world. Suddenly, there was more to winning than whoever had the best point and click skills. It involved strategy. A soldier in a straight on fight with a HWGuy will lose, if they have equal skill. Yet, if the Soldier finds cover while reloading or between shots, this is suddenly a balanced fight. A medic can fight a heavier class by using his concs effectively, either by conc jumping past or using it to disrupt the enemy's aim. The bhop exploit (though some do not think it an exploit) did not become widely known until well after QWTF came out, and shortly after TFC was released. It exploits a quirk in the quake engine related to movement, so it applies to both QWTF and TFC (since QuakeWorld and Halflife are both based off of Quake 1). Valve's response was to limit the speed increase to 170% of your class limit. Yet, this still unbalanced the strategy between the classes. Any class moving had a distinct advantage. No soldier could find cover from a HW that suddenly reached the middle of a room, without turning their back to them. No compensation was made to SG's tracking, suddenly every class had it as easy as a scout in avoiding them. Medics no longer needed to think about how to get past a defense, and no longer needed team support, they can just bhop as fast as possible and fly through the room before any class there could respond. Any class hoping to keep up needed to bhop as well, which mutually excluded shooting at them. Hence, organized chokepoint defense became the rule versus unorganized random offense. In organized clan matches, though the game changed, but enough balance remained. For unorganized pub matches, however, a distinct change in gameplay towards the previously mentioned point and click happened. The bhop restriction is an attempt to retain the balance between the classes (including the class speed) regardless of who is attacking and who is defending.  "

im not stating that we have to be like them but I wanted to bring info to all your attention

Saleen219

i hate the fast scouts and their teledisk, and cloaked spies. other than that im ok.

i repeat: take my mines away and im fucked :)

my number one killer.

p0izon

Lmao @ that post. Why would conc jumping be acceptable, but not bhop? You can outrun any opponent much faster by conc jumping. That's not an exploit?

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: p0izon on March 09, 2014, 08:31:47 AM
Lmao @ that post. Why would conc jumping be acceptable, but not bhop? You can outrun any opponent much faster by conc jumping. That's not an exploit?

I agree with removing the tech stuff its what is causing the imbalance. If the game were played as it was base designed everything would be fine. BUT I think the "good" players stay around precisely because they can destroy us normal folks. It is what has kept them "interested".

The designers never foresaw "concing" for speed at its conception it was meant to dizzy players and move them away from a target. Many moons ago it was referred to as a "neat" side affect that became widely used by a "creative" player base.

Is it frustrating to players who don't train for 30 hours a week on using game shortcuts as their mainstay. It becomes a race between whatever team has the fastest concer/bhopper. Just learn to haul ass and use whatever tricks you have to fly around stabbing or poisoning people. Do it wherever you like. Do it so fast that you can unload nades at spawn in repetition by hauling ass thru the map so fast that admins cant identify it as spam. Its not spam cuz Im bhopping at 300 mph.

It's bs and its only fun for the 5 players that are doing it. the other 15 or 20 are just spawning and dieing to the speedfreaks.

I might be the only one dumb enough or stupid enough or crappy enough to say it but that's what it is. We aren't jealous or mad or envious or anything else but frustrated and tired of the same ol' thing. I hate playing with certain players because I know what the game will immediately turn into. That sucks because I alike most everyone I play with. So I just go into spec mode.

usually end up just playing admin at that point which apparently is frowned upon as well as I was told to worry less about others and worry about myself as I admin too much.

I don't know...maybe it's time to find another game to play.

p0izon

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on March 09, 2014, 09:38:28 PM
The designers never foresaw "concing" for speed at its conception it was meant to dizzy players and move them away from a target. Many moons ago it was referred to as a "neat" side affect that became widely used by a "creative" player base.

Sounds like an exploit to me. Call it for what it is. That post from drippy's says it's okay to use these two other exploits (conc jumping & wall strafing), but not the bhop one. It's contradictory. Also, the minute Valve addressed bhop in an update was the moment when it became a REAL part of the game. Had it been an exploit like that drippy's post seems to think, it would have been completely removed wouldn't it?

They should just be upfront about it and say the real reason it's disabled. Because they are satisfied with what they've learned and won't bother to continue to improve. So to keep it fair amongst them and like minded individuals, it is disabled on their servers. I am completely fine with that. Variety is good.

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: p0izon on March 10, 2014, 12:04:51 AM
Quote from: SpamDaddy! on March 09, 2014, 09:38:28 PM

Sounds like an exploit to me. Call it for what it is. That post from drippy's says it's okay to use these two other exploits (conc jumping & wall strafing), but not the bhop one. It's contradictory. Also, the minute Valve addressed bhop in an update was the moment when it became a REAL part of the game. Had it been an exploit like that drippy's post seems to think, it would have been completely removed wouldn't it?

They should just be upfront about it and say the real reason it's disabled. Because they are satisfied with what they've learned and won't bother to continue to improve. So to keep it fair amongst them and like minded individuals, it is disabled on their servers. I am completely fine with that. Variety is good.

Well said.