News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

TFC Models, Sounds, Textures, Configs etc

Started by THE_SCOUT!, October 13, 2012, 01:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE_SCOUT!

Earlier this year I spent hours/days searching around the internet looking for custom models and stuff for TFC so I could customize it and make it mine and I found loads of sites but most of the files had gone and/or the site links had long shutdown so it was really hard to find this stuff but after days of searching I managed to amass a HUGE amount of files for TFC.   Sadly most people who use to play TFC 5-6 years ago have moved on to other things or their lives got so busy they were unable to keep playing and as a result people stopped making mods,  servers vanished and sites were abandoned which is why its so hard to find stuff these days.

I have class models,  weapon models, sounds, map texture packs, configs, backgrounds, crosshairs, HUD graphics etc.

Some shots of what im using..

The female engineer model is my favourite of all lol

The entire collection is over 2Gig worth of files and I was wondering if anyone was interested in them and if so I will upload them somewhere for you to download.

pig

That is impressive. It is a shame that alot of custom tfc files went missing a few years ago. There used to be many archives of them.

Dont ever delete the customizations you have right now. The number of files is shrinking and you sound like you have a lot of valuable items. TFC isnt what it used to be.

As far as this site goes, im not sure if we have a place for you to upload anything.

But, kudos to you

Saleen219

I was hoping we could host those files but its not up to this guy. far as i know - this forum site might not even allow something like that.

Heck - I'd be interested in keeping copies 'just in case'.

Master

we have had plans for having customization files hosted here, but things have been extremely busy, if you need somewhere to put it, you can send the files to a clan moderator, so it can then be uploaded to one of our servers for safe keeping until we have a working site to redistribute these files.

Saleen219

I for one would volunteer to hold a copy until we can move it to our servers.

THE_SCOUT!

I uploaded the files to dropbox so anyone who wants them you are free to download :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24482421/TFCFilesMods.zip

I agree its a shame all these mods are disappearing but I do hope you can find a place for them on here and maybe even inspire people to make some new ones.

Enjoy :)

Saleen219

The_Scout:

I dont know about others but I grabbed a copy myself. Hopefully at some point we will be able to place them on our server for others to enjoy.

I too was looking for files a couple months ago and noticed a lot of the servers hosting TFC files were no longer running which is really too bad.

Thank you for bringing the files to our attention and for allowing us to get a copy.

Saleen

p0izon

-samurai-

Hey, where did u get Saleen's photo p0izon )) ?

Saleen219

I begged him to not use that one! >:(

At least use the photo of me with the scraggly beard...

deadly

I also grabbed a copy. I will put it with a bunch of other stuff i have gathered over the years.

p0izon

Can you let me know where the engineer file is.. There's too many to sort through.

THE_SCOUT!

I cant find it myself in that collection but here it is copied from my game folder...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24482421/femaleengineer.zip

What you need to do is open your models folder located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\YourUsername\team fortress classic\tfc\models\player\engineer

Then just place the engineer .mdl file into the engineer folder overriding the original.  Restart/Start steam and you should see all engineers as a female model :).   You can also rename the engineer.mdl file to scout.mdl, soldier.mdl etc and place it in its respective folder if you want other classes to use the model.

THE_SCOUT!

Oh I also use a female pyro (not sure if its the same model or not)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24482421/pyro.zip

Its just nice having girls running around lol