News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Completed something really cool

Started by froob, September 05, 2018, 03:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froob

Hi esclan dudes.

Before I start this post, lets just say I love star wars. My apartment is filled with star wars memorabilia.

All the way back in July, I bought a nearly 750 dollar Lego star wars ultimate collector set star destroyer on ebay. I really like building things, and its a good way to kill time.

When I *did* make the decision to purchase it, one huge thing was on my mind - that it was incomplete, or missing a few pieces.
Lets just say I was dead wrong.

It came in full, and also with a cool little plaque with details.

Anyways, here it is on a shelf in my bedroom.

(I already had that scaled down version of the ISD, thought it would look funny if they were together.)

Let me tell you, this thing is a bitch to clean. It has an interior which gets super dusty and gross after a while. So in order to clean it I have to disconnect the dorsal side from the ventral side from the pieces dividing the two on the lateral sides.

The exterior is easy, I just need to use a light brush. I don't ever glue my sets together, so I have to be careful.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

sanitariums

wonder if u could dust it with a hair dryer (cool setting), not sure if its powerful enough to remove the dust from it or not or how fragile it is, either way pretty cool lego set

froob

Quote from: sanitariums on September 05, 2018, 05:16:16 PM
wonder if u could dust it with a hair dryer (cool setting), not sure if its powerful enough to remove the dust from it or not or how fragile it is, either way pretty cool lego set

Yeah, that would probably be helpful with the interior, my method for the exterior works like a charm. Thanks for the solution!

I'm currenting planning on purchasing set 10221, or the retired UCS Super Star Destroyer, another big ass ship. It's a little bit longer than my current star destroyer, but it will probably take less time because it doesn't have that god awful bridge, and the core is just a bunch of scattered pieces.

this is what the box art looks like. Its 49 inches long, just a few more inches longer than the Imperial-II star destroyer.

This is what it looks like when its completed (not my picture)

So yeah. I have enough to buy one, i'm just not sure when. Give it a month or two and I'll give an update

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

DomiAvenger

froob

Quote from: DomiAvenger on September 06, 2018, 12:13:06 PM
Buy the deathstar instead!!!!! lol_face

I owned the death star UCS set (75159-1) but, I sold it off on bricklink for about $300. I expected something bigger.

DomiAvenger