News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

How can i hide custom player models?

Started by ShouldBeNew_, August 18, 2014, 02:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShouldBeNew_

Sorry if i'm making too many threads but whatever. Is there an option to hide player models? And i mean that so i can't see the other player's custom models. Cause i think that's making me stuck on Precaching Resources... and i really need to know because this thingy is pissing me off since 2 months!

Elitesse

I have tried to do that myself but I have failed, I don't have your same problems but I prefer the old Team Fortress Classic models and not the Custom Ones and because of this I would like to hide them too. They also break many good maps like area49!

p0izon

You can't do it on the server.

A client side theory would be replacing all the models with the civilian model and making them read-only. Don't know if that would work though, never tried it.

Elitesse

There is a problem with that, certain maps with Custom Models use various Classes, not only Civilians!

p0izon

I'm pretty sure there isn't a single map on Fun that uses one of the custom models, so don't see why that would matter.

ShouldBeNew_

Actually aren't there custom models on breakfastonia and matclub?
Also all my models are read only! How can i fix this? I set them to not read only and it resets.

Elitesse

I was saying that there are certain maps like assault or breakfastonia that use classes like Medics, Soldiers etc. Replacing Custom Models with Civilians is not enough, but I don't know how to that. That is however just a cosmetic thing, I don't think that it matters for ShouldBeNew!

p0izon

But like I said, why would that matter if you would only be replacing custom models. IE, Banana, Spongebob, Weed Leaf, etc. No map uses those models.

Anything outside of that I can't help with because he's not using steam. Otherwise he would just verify his game files and everything would be restored to its original state.

Maybe try deleting all the downloaded content and reconnect to re-download everything.

Rand

$5 Jeopardy answer!  Have to say it in the correct format, though.

ShouldBeNew_

No i mean the server's custom models. They are everywhere except mecklenburg_final and HL1 DM maps! The server actually adds them to the map right? And i did redownload the custom models but they didn't work.

p0izon