News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Bhop caps updated?

Started by Nuggs, March 12, 2019, 10:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuggs

It appears that the bhop caps have been updated on battlezone.

Am I correct with the below:

New cap is 190% for both manual and auto bhop

Going over cap reverts you to 150%

Gliding off concs, nade jumps ect seems worse than default as you're knocked back to below 150% upon landing on the ground.

pizzahut

The Sparky settings might have influence on this. According to HLSW sparky_speedlimit is currently set to 2 (AFAIR it used to be 5), which means 2x class speed is max on ground. Sparky sets the speed to this value if you exceed it.

However, it could also be that the auto bhop plugin overrides Sparky, perhaps even when auto bhop if off (client set cl_autobhop to 0).

That's just speculation though, no idea if any server settings or plugins have been changed.

xheon

Manual Bhop feels like poop now   :cantlook:
We should get rewarded with a bit more speed for learning how to manually bhop.
Just my humble opinion.  :embarrassed2:

Nuggs

I am in favor of the new caps as it seems to have evened out the gameplay. The glide friction still feels a bit much but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.

I would like some clarification on weather manual bhop is faster or not because right now it feels the same as auto bhop. I agree with xheon that it should be higher compared to auto, perhaps 20%.

It's possible that's how it's setup now and that it's such a nominal difference that we cant tell, but until someone steps and and tells us for sure this is all just conjecture

FWIW auto bhop feels just as fast. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Bishop

We are looking into this. The manual bhop cap should be higher than auto. The idea with auto bhop is to help players learn to bhop but they should see an advantage to learning the manual method.

Bishop

I've reverted the settings back to their previous settings.

froob

I´m glad this was resolved, I´ve only recently gotten down the strategy for manual bhop. Its literally taken me 3 years to learn, not saying I´m good or anything but I will say that it was difficult for me to learn. I think it would reasonable for manual bhop to be permanently superior to auto bhop.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."