News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Rule check

Started by froob, November 25, 2018, 10:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froob

So I'm being threatened by two admins because I named myself "rotten cocksucker" in reference to a character named admiral briggs.

They're saying that word is offensive even though I have seen much worse names in the past.

In fact, I was kicked by rocket because of this.  How the fuck is using the word cocksucker in the first person a kick worthy offense?

Yes I did call them mental because I don't understand how the heck this is a reasonable decision. Its not like I said "You are all gay retards who suck cock f you all"

At this rate I can say the word "fuck" is offensive because it can be used to refer to intercourse which I find offensive to be talked about ever. I also find the term "Panties in a twist" offensive because it refers to female undergarments which in this great Victorian society is not acceptable talk. Please ban sammeh and rocket for their use of this phrase.

Also, ban Gimpy for calling me a moron because I find moron to be an offensive term. Also permanently ban "The Clap" for constantly talking about the female anatomy and sexual intercourse in voice chat because I find it 100% offensive.

Does nobody else find this ridiculous? Can you honestly say with a straight face that cocksucker is an offensive term because homosexuals perform oral sex? I certainly can't.(this is an actual reasoning for my punishment)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlqJX7J3ZeI

^Literally why I named myself rotten cocksucker.

Also, stop calling me a troll. I don't find it enjoyable to deliberately piss people off online for reactions. If I was I would just team kill or shoot players across the map with a sniper rifle and say "woops sorry on accident" I could also just blow up teammates with the guns on crossfire.

I also have one request, if it possible can somebody make the mute button only mute voicechat? I didn't see rocket give me warnings because I had him muted because of his constant chatter over mic.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Bishop

The game server rules relevant here are:

[No Excessive Language]    No excessive use of sexist/racist/vulgar language. We are adults, not trolls.
[Respect Everyone]            Respect all players and all rules.
[Private Property]               These servers are private property; it is a privilege to play here, not a right.

Personally I wouldn't take action if the only issue was that name however, you must realize the determination is subjective and our admins have discretion to decide what behavior crosses the line.  Other actions of the player, including past behavior, are expected to be taken into account for determining what is excessive.  The problem here wasn't your name, but your disrespect towards admins who are trying to enforce our rules.  If an admin questions your compliance with a rule, please follow their direction without disrespect.  Bring any questions or debate to the forum and stay respectful.  However you decided to harass our admins:

2018-11-25 08:08:54 literally go ahead and ban me.
2018-11-25 08:08:31 you people are fucking mental.
2018-11-25 08:04:55 cocksucker.
2018-11-25 08:04:51 cocksucker.
2018-11-25 08:04:50 cocksucker.
2018-11-25 08:04:49 cocksucker.
2018-11-25 08:03:43 grow some balls.
2018-11-25 08:00:57 be quiet
2018-11-25 08:00:52 rocket

Based on that, a ban was appropriate.  Also, you shouldn't mute an admin as you are expected to follow their requests (voice and chat).

Guts

Bro, you're not an admin. You don't get to say what should or shouldn't be enforced.

Trolls aren't meant to get this angry btw. You're doing it wrong.   :cantlook:

froob

Quote from: Guts on November 25, 2018, 10:42:13 PM
Bro, you're not an admin. You don't get to say what should or shouldn't be enforced.

Trolls aren't meant to get this angry btw. You're doing it wrong.   :cantlook:

I wanted a rule check. I wasn't sure if this was against the rules.

And i'm not a troll, thanks.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Guts

That wasn't all you said.

You might be the biggest troll next to sentido....but he's also mostly a stupid idiot guy irl. You straight up troll.

froob

Quote from: Guts on November 28, 2018, 09:24:41 AM
That wasn't all you said.

You might be the biggest troll next to sentido....but he's also mostly a stupid idiot guy irl. You straight up troll.

You know, continuing to call me a troll even though I've said numerous times that I'm not a troll and I don't like to troll is a pretty troll thing to do. You troll.

Guts

Rocket2Me

If I remember correctly I intentionally did not warn you by voice chat Fr00b I warned you by typing it, 4-5 times for record purposes.  As Bishop said, it wasn't just the phrase\name it was how you acted. Had you said I don't agree with it but I will just change my name anyway and drop the issue, I wouldn't have cared, but you continued to act like I was intentionally trying to attack you or something. No, act like a respectable person and then there won't be any issues.
I would be willing, yes glad, to see a battle every day during my life. -General George Armstrong Custer

froob

Quote from: Rocket2Me on December 01, 2018, 12:55:23 PM
If I remember correctly I intentionally did not warn you by voice chat Fr00b I warned you by typing it, 4-5 times for record purposes.  As Bishop said, it wasn't just the phrase\name it was how you acted. Had you said I don't agree with it but I will just change my name anyway and drop the issue, I wouldn't have cared, but you continued to act like I was intentionally trying to attack you or something. No, act like a respectable person and then there won't be any issues.

If you actually read my post you would see at the bottom that I mentioned that mute covers both voice chat and text chat on bzone. So I wasn't aware of your warnings as I couldn't see them. I only unmuted you after that one player was spamming "ban em rocket" even though I didn't see your text. I recognized this only after the map switched to badlands.

Which is exactly why I think mute should only cover voice chat. I cannot stand listening to people talk while i'm playing. ragnar and brotato are the only exceptions because they have decent mics above xbox quality and don't shove the microphone down their throats.

I only acted belligerent because of the fact that I had you muted for 2/3rds of the time while you were threatening to ban me and changing my name to "dumbass" or something like that. If I didn't have you muted I would've quickly changed my name and I wouldn't care. I still don't understand why cocksucker is considered an offensive word to gays because gay people perform oral sex, but I still would've changed it.

For the record this is the specific quote I keep referencing.

Quote from: Rocket2Me2018-11-25 08:03:35 and im a gay man and dont appreciate the term cocksucker.   -[EVIL]- Battlezone-X   badlands

Guts

As a straight man I do not suck cock, but I could still be a cocksucker. Not calling me a cocksucker when I'm clearly being a cocksucker is offensive to me.

FjS

QuoteI still don't understand why cocksucker is considered an offensive word to gays because gay people perform oral sex, but I still would've changed it.

You're not gay, so that's not for you to decide. Welcome to the 21st century.

froob

Quote from: FjS
You're not gay, so that's not for you to decide. Welcome to the 21st century.

Did you just assume my sexuality? Stop being a bigot you troll.

DomiAvenger

ugh ive been avoiding this thread lol. Froob, if you were gay you wouldnt have said this-
"I still don't understand why cocksucker is considered an offensive word to gays because gay people perform oral sex, but I still would've changed it."
So not sure what u were trying to get at with teh "assuming my sexuality" line.
Also when ur trying to defend urself from what u think was an unjust punishment, dont call an admin a bigot and a troll, that doesnt get u anywhere.
Lastly, i like playing with you, so just drop it dude. Lets just keep TFC alive :angel:

*Thread Closed*