News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

DAOD 9004

Started by Gimpy, September 07, 2018, 04:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gimpy

Defence Administration Orders and Directives

9004 - Use of cannabis by the Canadian Armed Forces

So.... I'm a little pumped.

For those unaware, Canada is legalizing cannabis in October. Today the policy for the military was announced. Some special rules imposed on very technical work, dangerous jobs, and health care practitioners.

Nearly everyone else is subject to am eight hour rule. No use eight hours prior to duty.

I'm going to get super high, and play some TFC.

FjS

I heard on the CBC this morning they won't be doing random drug testing

Gimpy

Drug testing should still be a thing. Hardest part, is that THC stays in the body for a long time.

If I'm a pilot, and flying, a drug test would show that I consumed THC in the last few weeks. This is against policy.

If I'm an MSE Op (Mobile Support Equipment Operator, / professional driver), a drug test won't show whether it was 12 hours, or 48 hours since use.

We're going to have to use a lot of judgement, practicality, and ethics, to make sure that people aren't high as fuck during working hours.

Gimpy

With that said...

Drug testing is a piss cup. They test for many things beyond cannabis. Piss hot for anything else, expect to be kicked out of the Canadian Armed Forces.

MMA-Fish_Pig

good on you guys A!!!!   as it should be!!!!    im in a legal state but we still have federal laws against it, so its been a large gray area for us. wish we were a bit more like you guys,  never been more jelly  of your  president!! can we just barrow him for a while????   lmao/crying.

Nuggs

I've been impressed with Canada's swift and sensical approach to legalizing cannabis. They seem to be doing everything right and this DAOD is so reasonable it makes me furious that it couldn't happen here in the US, at least not anytime soon.

Cannabis is so much safer compared to alcohol, yet is still so vilified here in the states due to reefer madness and the war on poor minorities aka the war on drugs. Pot has been legal for affluent whites for a very long time but if you are dark skinned and caught with it then you're shit out of luck. I've been caught a few times by cops and never once was arrested or even cited cause I'm a clean cut white dude. Anyone else and it could have been life altering.

Not to mention all these people crippled with opiate addition that began after being prescribed legal pain killers by a docotor who gets kickbacks for pushing these rx. The Feds don't give two shits about Perdue pharma shipping hundreds of thousands of legal pain pills to West Virginia addicts but god help them if they smoke pot.

Anyways rant over. Look forward to blazing and fragging in the server with ya Gimpy!

Gimpy

So learned more today...

Sale is to be provincially handled (same as our alcohol). Looks like Ontario will be in store and they are going to try an online model with a delivery service (tied to credit cards, and subject to ID checks).

And, growing of four plants in the home. I'll need some help from Fish Pig!

froob

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."