News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

I miss the old BZ server

Started by Rocket2Me, August 10, 2018, 12:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket2Me

I miss BZ with the Cure\nade bag, not having to grab packs at respawn, these were what made me like BZ in the first place. Now that it's gone it feels weird and I don't like it.  Bring it back to what it was before!!!
I would be willing, yes glad, to see a battle every day during my life. -General George Armstrong Custer

schuffler

Nice without the cure bags now a medic can be a medic

froob

cage
Quote from: schuffler on August 10, 2018, 01:44:28 PM
Nice without the cure bags now a medic can be a medic

The medic could have been a medic before the cure/nade bag was disabled. It only had the ability to cure because of the sheer lack of care most medics have nowadays. Most meds are more focused on capping the flag than healing or curing teammates *even now* (its as if the game has "team" in its name). Nobody wants to play medic *that* way because medic isn't a good combat class, and the points that you would get from curing infections are miniscule. Nobody protects eachother in TFC short of people protecting engineer sentry guns, I doubt they would protect a medic who is an easy kill for most other classes. Would you rather play as a medic curing infections and healing teammates, or play as an assault cannon wielding, 300 armor killing machine with mirvs?

The point is, most offensive medics I've encountered could care less about their team being infected, as they themselves cannot catch that infection, so its nothing to worry about.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Bishop

The EVIL bag is back but is disabled on maps when the EVIL bag is placed in inappropriate places (e.g. destroy_l, high_flag, siege, cz2).  If there are other maps that should be disabled, please post here.  - Thanks

froob

The cure timer is now set to 8500 seconds.

This has to be a mistake.

Idk about you, but a 2 hour long timer seems a bit overkill. Upgrade it from 1 minute if you want, just please don't take away the ability to cure infections. They ruin the game and shut down anybody who happens to get infected. This change is just asking for idiots to team infect. Forcing a player to switch to medic is not a fun way to play the game. Playing as a curing medic is by far the most boring playstyle in the game, not to mention the least rewarding.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

froob

Sorry! I mean 10,000 seconds. Or over 2 hours

Come on. Its really not cool. The server has been getting around 5 players max recently. Nobody plays medic the way you want them to, and won't ever. Infections are OP and need to be curable without a third party

Pro

Disable it on dustbowl.  Nades bags are needed to start the map.

Guts

Quote from: Pro on August 17, 2018, 08:22:02 PM
Disable it on dustbowl.  Nades bags are needed to start the map.

yeah right buddy

onslaught

Arise: This particular EVIL bag is in a blind spot as you go down the tunnel, so basically it's a hidden death trap for offense if they fly into it.

Also, on a less related note, the (regular) nade bag on high_flag is broken and you can just spam infinite nades with it. I don't know if there's a low grens version or way to modify the bag, if people have known about this forever and just don't care, but I can sit on the bag as heavy with infinite cells and MIRVs, seems a bit broken to me how quickly it respawns.
"The corona hype is not based on any extraordinary public health danger. However, it causes considerable damage to our freedom and personal rights through frivolous and unjustified quarantine measures and restrictions." - Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg

Master

Quote from: onslaught on October 16, 2019, 08:14:12 AM
Arise: This particular EVIL bag is in a blind spot as you go down the tunnel, so basically it's a hidden death trap for offense if they fly into it.

Also, on a less related note, the (regular) nade bag on high_flag is broken and you can just spam infinite nades with it. I don't know if there's a low grens version or way to modify the bag, if people have known about this forever and just don't care, but I can sit on the bag as heavy with infinite cells and MIRVs, seems a bit broken to me how quickly it respawns.
Ive known about the issue on arise, its gone unmentioned so id assume its not a problem to many.

high_flag has the spampacks plugin disabled, which would take care of this and many other maps that don't really restrict grenades.. as for why it's disabled im unsure.

Bishop

High_flag now uses the EVIL bag to limit nades spam
arise will no longer have the EVIL Bag since they are in bad locations

Angi

"You never know what you are capable of until you try."

Manipulators and other malicious narcissists will no longer have any weight or influence over you.

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/chinese-horoscope-2022/dog/

onslaught

"The corona hype is not based on any extraordinary public health danger. However, it causes considerable damage to our freedom and personal rights through frivolous and unjustified quarantine measures and restrictions." - Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg