News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

GRENADE RESTOCK ACQUIRED

Started by Hackrat, June 01, 2018, 03:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hackrat

Hey guys can we eliminate the 2 minute wait time for concs/grenades? It's just a ridiculous amount of time to have to wait to restock. Also, on the map wstland3, there are no packs in respawn so you have to wait 2 minutes for health/ammo from the EVIL banners... Thanks...

DomiAvenger

froob

I don't mind it. Grenades are really powerful and should be used wisely instead of spammed, and this encourages that exact mindset. Instead of spamming grenades down a checkpoint you should conserve them and only use them when necessary. Hackrat wants this change because he plays scout and concs nonstop.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

DomiAvenger

Quote from: SourceFroob on June 01, 2018, 12:54:01 PM
Hackrat wants this change because he plays scout and concs nonstop.

Scout playstyle, attack the base, get the flag, or die trying. Both capping and dying refill ur nades, simple as that.

My be all and end all point to this continuingly brought up nade timer discussion. This isnt meant to be offensive to hackrat bcuz he posed the question, its my general feeling.

Whether its a mirv, emp, conc or whatever. If you cant play TFC for 2 minutes without having grenades the problem is with you, not the server. Both capping and dying replenish your nades. Object of the game is CTF so you should be doing 1 or the other on offense, as for defense 2 minutes is not a long time, any shorter results in non stop nade spamming (theres enough as it is) making offense nearly impossible resulting in DvD games. Used to happen Alot when there was no delay, very boring. So yeah the bag is the most balanced its ever been currently no changes needed.

Bishop

Two minutes seems reasonable although I think it should be longer...by default one player gets nades every 30 secs so we have a lot more nades flying around as soon as teams have more than 4.  I do prefer the individual nade timer as this eliminates nade bag whores and distributes nades equally over all players.

Gimpy

Just die and get back half your nades?

FjS

Maybe 1 minute regardless if you have died or not? Sort of a compromise.

bIGPIng

2 minute timer is the best thing this server has done in a while.Only improved by not getting nades after cap.

HellRaiser

Just remove nade bag altogether...
SOLVED...

You want nades you get them after you die.

EZPZ if they don't like it to bad so sad.... :P

Nuggs

Quote from: bIGPIng on June 03, 2018, 10:57:56 AM
2 minute timer is the best thing this server has done in a while.Only improved by not getting nades after cap.

Scary but I agree w bp

Timer is much better exactly how it's setup now

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: Nuggs on June 04, 2018, 08:01:17 AM
Quote from: bIGPIng on June 03, 2018, 10:57:56 AM

Scary but I agree w bp

Timer is much better exactly how it's setup now

I agree with BP and bishop and almost with HR. Besides they mean more if you getthem less and they cause demo's to mean more also!