News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Balance

Started by froob, May 24, 2018, 08:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froob

Why is it fair that I can join a team with 15 players instead of the team with 6 players? Can we please for the love of all that is holy and praised by LRH, bring back team balancing. not autobalance, just force the player to join the team with lower amounts of players. The sheer amount of team stacking is absolutely unbelievable!

Idk, maybe go to drippys and ask for their plugin. This is just getting so out of hand its a necessity for fun gameplay. I don't know about the others, but I am not a masochist and I don't enjoy being absolutely stomped by a team pimped out with bigping, ado, cpt tripps and other server rapists along with about 10 other players just joining the team because of these guys. Force a certain amount of these 10 dicks to join the other team unless they want to sit in spectate all day.

Oh, spectators. Can we just autokick spectators after 5 minutes of inactivity? They waste server slots by remaining stationary in spectator mode. Also, while we're at it, remove the ability for spectators to rtv or vote for maps/nominate. They aren't even playing and can easily just click a button to join a team.

If you stack teams I will back trace your IP and call the cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmR89bFZLdc

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Guts

Sourcefroob....Drippys plugin is basically what you are complaining about. I was playing on a team of 3 people vs 8 just this morning. We won because we had good guys, but whatever team I join is constantly 3 people or more down compared to the other team. 

Spectators counting as people when trying to RTV is annoying as shit. Especially early in the morning when some people have been afk in spec for hours and we have to play 30 mins of christmas well.

Nuggs

To echo what guts said, sometimes 8v11 is actually balanced when team A has experienced players and team B has 11 noobs.

The afk spectator rtv issue is as old as the plugin and I've been told there is no way to configure it to ignore specs. I might agree on the afk for 20 mins = kick for idle

sanitariums

I know when i used to play PvP it was rare that top players would actually join the opposite team of said players to face off against each other I guess at the end of the day it doesn't really matter, not everyone will have solid player etiquette

I never heard of the spectator RTV block either, but as far as player slot goes theres a plugin where if someone is afk while the server is full they get kicked.

froob

Quote from: Nuggs on May 25, 2018, 07:57:07 AM
To echo what guts said, sometimes 8v11 is actually balanced when team A has experienced players and team B has 11 noobs.

The afk spectator rtv issue is as old as the plugin and I've been told there is no way to configure it to ignore specs. I might agree on the afk for 20 mins = kick for idle

The problem is all too often that specific scenario never happens and its 6 noobs vs 11 players with 4 server server rapists. thats a jared fogle and a half.

I don't visit drippys often, but I remember the teams always being balanced due to some sort of requirement for spectators to join the team with low players, instead of stacking a team which contains more players, many of which being server fogles.

!teams is not what i'm asking for. Scorpion will go in spec and spam that shit all day if it means points for him.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

froob

Also, don't forget nuggs, I have the ability to back trace you, so don't let me catch you joining stacked teams

here is my licence

Guts

Quote from: SourceFroob on May 28, 2018, 05:56:25 PM

The problem is all too often that specific scenario never happens and its 6 noobs vs 11 players with 4 server server rapists. thats a jared fogle and a half.

I don't visit drippys often, but I remember the teams always being balanced due to some sort of requirement for spectators to join the team with low players, instead of stacking a team which contains more players, many of which being server fogles.

!teams is not what i'm asking for. Scorpion will go in spec and spam that shit all day if it means points for him.
I don't play EVIL during peak hours usually, but that seems like an exaggeration.

I do play at drippys at peak hours however, and I'm telling you how it is. They rate each individual player and rank them internally. Then depending on your skill level it will only allow you to join a specific team based on everyone on that teams rating compared to the other team, trying to make the teams come to a tie at the end of the round.

So if the teams are 10 vs 8 and I'm on the team with 8 players, and you join the game, it will add you to the team with 10 players. Making it 11 v 8. It does try and make the teams even, but its based on skill level...not the number of players. It works well if the server is totally full but when its not it's exactly the same as what you are describing in terms of the number discrepancy.

Also, to me I think the problem is the shitbums who wont stay on their own team. I constantly see people switching to my team and making it stacked because they don't want to play against me. I try and switch to the other team occasionally but they just follow you and then it makes me not want to switch cause fuck it. Now I auto-join and thats my team to the end.

froob

Quote from: Guts on May 28, 2018, 10:53:42 PM
Quote from: SourceFroob on May 28, 2018, 05:56:25 PM

I don't play EVIL during peak hours usually, but that seems like an exaggeration.

I do play at drippys at peak hours however, and I'm telling you how it is. They rate each individual player and rank them internally. Then depending on your skill level it will only allow you to join a specific team based on everyone on that teams rating compared to the other team, trying to make the teams come to a tie at the end of the round.

So if the teams are 10 vs 8 and I'm on the team with 8 players, and you join the game, it will add you to the team with 10 players. Making it 11 v 8. It does try and make the teams even, but its based on skill level...not the number of players. It works well if the server is totally full but when its not it's exactly the same as what you are describing in terms of the number discrepancy.

Also, to me I think the problem is the shitbums who wont stay on their own team. I constantly see people switching to my team and making it stacked because they don't want to play against me. I try and switch to the other team occasionally but they just follow you and then it makes me not want to switch cause fuck it. Now I auto-join and thats my team to the end.

Ah, I see now. So scratch that idea then. But still, we need balancing. I share the same anger you do in the sense that people deliberately switch to teams that are winning, leaving the team they just left to 4 players making the match 4v9

pizzahut

Btw it may help to turn off tfc_autoteam because it puts idle players into a team.

E.g. monkey_l started like this:

Team 1: Ado + 5 other active players
Team 2: 3 people who were AFK (no class chosen) + 3 active players

The AFK plugin kicked in eventually and then it was

Team 1: 6 active players
Team 2: 3 active players

One player changed so final teams were 5 vs. 4.

Edit: Also tfc_autoteam might be responsible for not being able to skip the class selection on PULL if both teams are full and you want / have to spectate. (I.e. you become stuck in the class selection menu, no matter what you do.)

Bishop

tfc_autoteam does have its pros and cons...but I believe people generally prefer forcing team assignments as it reduces the team stacking. 

If we had a few more players were willing to simply even the teams when they saw a team down by more than 2 people there would be no balance problem

When a team is down players, they should request a player from the other team...a player worth his salt will oblige. 

schuffler

Not all players will move to the under staffed team if that team is getting an ass kicking. Iv'e asked and get no one to move. But I will say Mokay  ( hope that's the right spelling) did come over the other day and it really did balance the teams so I thank him for that.   

As far as guys in spec after the start of a new map need to get booted there are some guys that walk away for hours at a time and keep getting put into spec. If your in spec 5 minutes either leave on your own or get booted come back when your ready to play.

froob

Quote from: Bishop on May 29, 2018, 11:26:06 PM
\
When a team is down players, they should request a player from the other team...a player worth his salt will oblige.
Exactly my point. People aren't worth their salt and even when respectfully asked to join the failing team they lol and say "yumad?" in chat, and do nothing and just grief. Doesn't matter who it is.  This playerbase is no better than any other game community.

And yes, even veterans will do this too. I won't name any, but I will say that many of the top scoring players refuse to switch for some reason.

Hackrat

Quote from: SourceFroob on May 28, 2018, 08:25:09 PM

Also, don't forget nuggs, I have the ability to back trace you, so don't let me catch you joining stacked teams

here is my licence

Ummm..... Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but your license expired in 2011...

froob

Quote from: Hackrat on June 01, 2018, 12:52:44 AM
Quote from: SourceFroob on May 28, 2018, 08:25:09 PM

here is my licence

Ummm..... Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but your license expired in 2011...
i know :)

pizzahut

Quote from: pizzahut on May 29, 2018, 02:59:33 PM
Also tfc_autoteam might be responsible for not being able to skip the class selection on PULL if both teams are full and you want / have to spectate. (I.e. you become stuck in the class selection menu, no matter what you do.)
Same issue for "skeeball_beta04". Could Master or someone from the HC add a map cfg which turns off tfc_autoteam for this map as well? (PULL might already be fixed, not sure.)