News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Rule Check Please

Started by SpamDaddy!, May 14, 2018, 01:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpamDaddy!

A couple of players recently became very upset during turkeyburgers and dustbowl. Turkeyburgers they were building SGs on spawns, especially the hallways where you have no place to run to try and avoid instakill. I stated flatly "Stop building SGs on spawns or you will be reported". Thhis led to a lengthy debate in which we both were assholey to one another to a degree and then a player named OCD decided to jump in and make it his business.

So today on Dustbowl the same OCD starts raging over mic about EVIL inconsistency and that he cant believe Im the same person who pointed out you cant build Sgs on spawns in TB because people are nading spawns and I pointed out maps like Avanti and DB have always been alowe dto be played this way as long asno one is entering spawn. He eventually rage quits and he was understandably upset as we were destroying them.

I promised him I would post here for clarity. Also, if I am correct, this player:
STEAM_0:0:23013777
Rook
Was building Sgs on spawns and continued to do so after 3 attempts to get him to stop

Gimpy

Turkeyburgers is an open DM map.... there are no defined spawns.

Putting an SG where people spawn isn't illegal, just the cheapest possible way to play.

froob

rofl

I have never once seen somebody build an SG infront of a spawnpoint, so its pretty uncommon and not something to get in a toss about.

I think master should create a set of rules for specific gamemodes to avoid inconsistency, I recommend:

Maps like dustbowl or avanti are fair game when it comes to spawn spam. Attack/Defend maps have always had a history of intense spawn spam at the start of a round.
Quote(gimpy's post)Turkeyburgers is an open DM map.... there are no defined spawns.
As open DM maps such as killbox or crossfire have no defined spawns, they are also fair game.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Gimpy

SpamDaddy - Was this guy saying "owned" over and over into the mic?

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: Gimpy on May 14, 2018, 06:02:44 PM
SpamDaddy - Was this guy saying "owned" over and over into the mic?

He said it a bit, yes.

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: Gimpy on May 14, 2018, 03:41:30 PM
Turkeyburgers is an open DM map.... there are no defined spawns.

Putting an SG where people spawn isn't illegal, just the cheapest possible way to play.

Roger that. I was playing not too long ago when two admins stated no SGs, I think it was Bishop and Domi. Not sure to be honest.

ocd

Hello everyone!

its been quite some time I have been away, but here I am. I just want to be certain the other side of the coin is represented in this "complaint"thread about myself and some other players. Please allow me to respond in line to SD's quoted text from above:

A couple of players recently became very upset (voiced concern over SD's rules and recent inconsitency and erratic comments) during turkeyburgers and dustbowl.

Turkeyburgers they (statix) were building SGs on (near) spawns, especially the hallways where you have no place to run to try and avoid instakill. I stated flatly "Stop building SGs on spawns or you will be reported". Thhis led to a lengthy debate in which we both were assholey(i will get to this later) to one another to a degree and then a player named OCD decided to jump in and make it his business (it's a public server and if you discuss something in public, there is no expectation of privacy. Also, the rules apply to me too, so why wouldn't I want clarification for myself and all players).

So today on Dustbowl the same OCD(me) starts raging(?) over mic about EVIL inconsistency (spamdaddy is the only inconsistent party in the conversation, as the clan overall seems like a decent enough group) and that he cant believe Im the same person who pointed out you cant build Sgs on spawns in TB because people are nading spawns and I pointed out maps like Avanti and DB have always been alowe dto be played this way as long asno one is entering spawn. He eventually rage quits (the map ended) and he was understandably upset as we were destroying them.
(8 v 13 most of the map)

The upsetting part is Spamdaddy's taunting of several players on the attacking team of defender's dominance when the entire map (dustbowl was played monday) was played MORE than lopsided, ending in an 8 v 13. The comments were made when as the only online clan representative should have made comments regarding evening up the teams for some fair play, as opposed to pointing out all attackers had negative cumulative score totals. Other players were clearly disappointed from the attacking team, calling SD to task as the online clan rep, but allowing mass spawn spam to continue with teams as they were. The inconsistency lies if SD calls out rules in all the other maps, he should rep the server and call for even teams- instead taunting, which other players and a fellow -[CfH]- member was also disappointed at SD's behavior, as discussed on chat in another server.

I have been in the service industry for 25 years, and I know that every single businiess is in place to create and keep the guest. If I were soliciting for funding to keep my operation running, I would have to be very careful of whom I choose to represent it while I am not there.

Now that everyone has now been made clear on the rules, I am certain things will proceed swimmingly. Cheers (sips coffee)
ohceedee

SpamDaddy!

The teams were fluctuating as they always do on DB. It's impossible to keep them even like a normal CTF. You are the single whiniest SOB I have encountered in quite some time and the degree of butthurt that you are showing is unbelievable. You have been in the service industry for 25 years and apply those VAST and LOFTY principles to a twenty year old video game. You are a knob.

froob

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on May 15, 2018, 11:27:22 AM
The teams were fluctuating as they always do on DB. It's impossible to keep them even like a normal CTF. You are the single whiniest SOB I have encountered in quite some time and the degree of butthurt that you are showing is unbelievable. You have been in the service industry for 25 years and apply those VAST and LOFTY principles to a twenty year old video game. You are a knob.
Have you ever considered the fact that what you say has a negative effect on the server? Everything OCD said was 100% correct. You need to stop, you are actively damaging our already small community.
Remember the wise words of Yoda:
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
If you die unfairly, or you simply die from a sniper, you don't need to call them garbage or fags. It is a game. Not just that, but you can easily counter any class in the game.
Die from a sniper? Switch to sniper or go spy.
Die from a spy? Spycheck.
Die from a demoman? Switch to a demo's weakness, Engineer or Solly.
Fail to defend a flag? Switch to a class with a strong defensive playstyle (Engineer, HWGuy, Demoman)
Being an asshole makes people think lowly of the server, hence all of the players that talk bad about the clan members (members, LC, HC, and master)

All i'm saying Spamdaddy is that you need to relax when you play. I tend to simply listen to soft, relaxing, and comforting, Black Sabbath/Gwar.

And don't say that you've never been a douche to other players.
2018-05-03 07:26:24 Garbage sniper kills unopposed. -[EVIL]- Battlezone-X 2fort
2018-04-24 10:18:33 lol garbage hit and run to spawn HW. -[EVIL]- Battlezone-X 2fort
2018-04-23 11:08:19 I went back to scout to outrun awakes garbage spawn spam. -[EVIL]- Battlezone-X well
2018-04-23 10:52:49 garbage ass dempo. -[EVIL]- Battlezone-X well
2018-04-20 12:27:11 (Team) The demo is garbage. -[EVIL]- Battlezone-X palermo
2018-04-20 12:09:24 i said sit Garbage man. -[EVIL]- Battlezone-X 2fort
2018-04-20 12:04:59 I dont kno what it is that ayttracts garbage players to this server. -[EVIL]- Battlezone-X 2fort
2018-04-18 09:40:23 Always garbage sollies.
-[EVIL]- Battlezone-X2018-04-20 12:02:14 is this faggot demo day?. -[EVIL]- Battlezone-X 2fort

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Nuggs

It's only a game, y u heff to be mad?

My only complaint is progressing spawn maps where I get yelled at (gimpy) for attacking spawns when I'm simply DMimg and haven't died yet. This happens a lot on avanti and ksour when someone caps 3 but I'm still at nades on cap 1 or bags on 2 and people start spawning there.

Perhaps make it straight forward, meaning NO CROSSING GATES. After that anything is fair game.

Gimpy

Quote from: Nuggs on May 15, 2018, 12:31:17 PM
progressing spawn maps where I get yelled at (gimpy) for attacking spawns

I understand completely that gates / spawn / choke points are GOING to get spammed on AvD maps. I also get it that the only place in some maps to get nades (avanti) is to back play to CP1.

What I don't like, is when people run back to CP1, get nades, then spam pills, mirvs, nail nades, etc, where the other team is spawning...

I know not all admins agree with me, but I feel that if you are killing people as they spawn, you're doing it wrong.

Swede

Gimpy wrote: "What I don't like, is when people run back to CP1, get nades, then spam pills, mirvs, nail nades, etc, where the other team is spawning..."

Agree

Bishop

Quote from: Gimpy on May 15, 2018, 05:15:36 PM
I know not all admins agree with me, but I feel that if you are killing people as they spawn, you're doing it wrong.

I don't see attacking these areas as cheap play.  When map makers want protected areas they set spawns behind team only doors protected by turrets. Besides, if anything spawning players have the advantage, given they have full health, full nades, and have other teammates spawning around to help.

Gimpy

Spawning with full health doesn't matter when your spawning on top of a mirv