News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

POST YOUR DESK/PC/ OFFICE/ PICS YOU NERDS!

Started by SpamDaddy!, May 10, 2018, 11:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpamDaddy!

Nuggs recently referred to some of us as nerds while admittedly enjoying the same past time as the rest of us (anime). So, I decided to show my office at home where all my nerdy stuff is concentrated!
My cat, Kaiju! My 1989 ERTL/MPC Model kit Millenium Falcon custom build and led lighted! Red Sox, Patriots, LSU stuff. Model building desk (Gundam craze currently). 65 in TV, Xbox One, Ps4, and PSVR! My movie collection has all been copied to digital and most of my actual DVDs given away or sold. We watch everything using Kodi and Plex these days. ANyway, that's my spot in the house. The other 1800 square feet belongs to teenagers and the wife!

Nuggs

SpamDaddy!

Thanks! I even have the cockpit lighted with LEDs but it didn't translate in those quick pics. It's about 18 inches from bow to stern. I've got a star destroyer and a tie fighter in the works too. I just started building Gundam and am working on weathering a basic Colony GM 1/100 Master Grade.

Do you nerd out with anything Nuggy??

DomiAvenger

Lady: Wow thats alot of toys, your kids gonna have a great christmas!
Spams wife: yeah, my son.  :grumpy:

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: DomiAvenger on May 12, 2018, 11:51:40 AM
Lady: Wow thats alot of toys, your kids gonna have a great christmas!
Spams wife: yeah, my son.  :grumpy:

LOL We won't even talk about how nerded out the kids are!

DomiAvenger

With you for a dad I can only imagine lol  :laugh:

SpamDaddy!

Quote from: DomiAvenger on May 14, 2018, 12:13:54 PM
With you for a dad I can only imagine lol  :laugh:

Muahahahaha!!! Also, Domi, you gotta watch Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, excellent show! And I have heard Steins; Gate is really good.

Nuggs

Quote from: SpamDaddy! on May 11, 2018, 07:53:15 PM

Do you nerd out with anything Nuggy??

Well I have 4000 hours on TFC so clearly that's the peak of my nerdom 

Not really nerdy per se but outside of TFC I'm obsessed with golf. My grandma taught me how to play with her clubs when I was nine, and for my 14th birthday I received 8 weeks of lessons and a summer student membership at the local contry club. I played over 200 rounds that summer!

I live in the county with the highest percentage of golf courses per capita in the United States. There is a course that's literally in my back yard that I play for free or $21 depending on who is working (rack rate is $95) and i play at least once a week, sometimes three or more times a week. I'm only playing to a 12 handicap right now, but I do have a hole in one under my belt.  I need to shoot even par and an albatross and I can die happy.

Gimpy

I play golf every two weeks or so.

On a course that charges $7.50 after 3pm. And you get what you pay for.

SpamDaddy!

I love/hate golf! I am fantastic at hitting it straight wind or no. If I get within 10 yards of the green rest assured I will be 3 to 5 over. I can't putt for shit!
I don't understand...I mean..I read the green. No matter how hard I try unless I am within 5 feet forget it.

So I haven't played in 3 years. I sold my clubs and everything.

Nuggs

I have four bags, a pushcart, RFID club inserts + gps sensor, four iron sets, a gps watch, five drivers, a shitload of wedges and at least six putters. Probably have around two hundred or so balls in oyster bags, mostly ones that I find during a round and use as shag balls.

I'll switch out equipment if one set starts to leave me. It's more mental then anything but it does work. It's also nice when people come visit they don't need to bring their own clubs on the plane. I'll admit it does seem like overkill now that I type it all out 😂

SpamDaddy!

Well, I tried to play with a friend this past weekend just to remember what it was like. This story is very relateable to your enormous equipment list. I will reveal how so in short time.

So, we venture out to a local 9 hole practice course. After we stretched, we warmed up on the range. I hit a few and realized my shoulders and elbows were no longer accustomed to this. I sliced several badly and couldn't track them in the sun. At one point we all had a laugh because earlier a guy yelled "call FORE DamniT!" and then again before we left "Yell FORE A**HOLE!"

So we head out to the course and I drove ok first hole but as usual any semblance of a short game was a joke. The following holes I couldn't even hardly hit the damn ball, I was cutting more grass than the groundskeepers! My friend was generous and didn't make me keep a card or even write down my score. On the 3rd hold I strained a muscle in my back. Immediately after that we hit a pothole that was hidden by a water puddle and nearly threw me out of the cart. We make it thru 5 and I'm really in a bit of pain so we wrap it up. As we are turning in the cart the guy at the cart stand says, "Well did it get better out there?" and I asked what he meant. He said, "I was afraid there was gonna be a fight after you hit that guy and then he called you an asshole."'

So apparently I hit the guy once and almost two other times and I never saw it. And I have a swollen elbow and sore back.

So, as it relates to your equipment list it turns out I could have done the same thing I did but more efficiently with a weed eater!!!

Nuggs

Spammy that's hilarious story.

I might not have fought you but if you hit into me twice with no fore call I'm going to get in your face and call you an asshole for sure. I've been hit a half dozen times on the course and it's not fun.

Haven't been in a course fight since my early 20s but it was usually angry, out of shape middle aged dudes who started trouble and forgot that they are old pieces of shit now can't fight for dick. Some guy had been hitting into us all day, then decided to swing at me in the parking lot after the round because of  SLOW PLAY THAT WE HAD NO CONTROL OVER. I threw him hard onto the blacktop and knocked the wind of him. Kinda felt bad cause he was way smaller and older but that fucker deserved it and his friends didn't seem too keen on helping him out.

I recommend sticking to TFC 😂

SpamDaddy!

He did deserve if he tried to "muscle up' on you. At least you were decent enough not to throw back. I commend you for that.

In my case, I asked the fellow to apologize for me and let the guy know I hadn't been to the course in years and honestly couldn't see and wasn't thinking about range or course etiquette. I felt really embarrassed so I paid $12 for a bucket for him the next time he comes in. So he will have that and my apology. If that were you would you be cool with that next time you went driving?

Nuggs

Haha spammy I didn't catch that you were on the driving range, I thought you were on the course. Errant shots are to be expected on the range.

That's def a nice gesture for sure but I probably would want a beer instead, that's how i always resolve getting hit on the course. As long as someone calls fore and gives me a chance to protect myself then I'm not mad when I get hit. A little perturbed maybe but grateful that I had an opportunity at least to brace for it. It's golf, shanked / thinned / sliced / hooked / sculled shots are going to happen, but call it!

The time I get really angry is when I'm standing on a tee box and next thing I know I get drilled in the spine out of nowhere with no fore call. The dude came over and apologized at least but I had no chance at all to duck and cover. Was pissed but he bought me a $10 liquor drink from the cart girl which helped. Felt that one for two weeks.