News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

FF Discussion

Started by Nuggs, March 29, 2018, 10:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuggs

So it's only been 24 hours but the FF experiment has gone almost exactly as I would have predicted. It's about 50/50 TK for trolling purposes, and the other half incidental TK.

My thoughts:

- Spies are way OP in a pub. Sure there is the plugin that displays SPY over the head of friendly spies but noobs ignore that. You end up either eviscerating your team mate accidentally or noobs Blast the shit out of you. Pill spam ends up hurting your team more then the enemy

- Attack defend maps are nerfed as you can't HH made jump around team mates any longer. Also gives D HUGE advantage at the start gates.

- more RQs. I had to restrain myself multiple times when I was about to cap and got TK and the team mate who kills you steals the cap

- noobs hate TK and vets seem to like it. I think it's entertaining for a round or two but the novelty wears out pretty quick.

HOWEVER

The TK experiment did give me an idea. I think it might be intriguing to have a Wild West, no rules (besides hacking) server with TK on.  Basically an anything goes server where you can spawn kill, TK, team infect, play from spawn, whatever you want. Kind of like how BZ is right now

froob

I agree, really irritating to have infants purposely TK you and follow up with "Sorry, didn't mean that" even though they tracked you while you had your crowbar out.

I also agree that we should have an actual fun server, BZ should stay serious gameplay, but we need an actual silly unfair but fun environment w/ no rules except no hacking. No sound limits, FF, no bhop cap, all chat rules gone except for the no racial or sexual bigotry rule.

sounds like a real froob environment

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

xheon

This morning BZ was empty and there were about 10 BZ regulars on drippys... I blame Obama and FF on.

[~X~]Rayzor.HoL

Had exactly that moment yesterday. "Uh FF is on??? Sorry" After that he mass tk'ed everyone. -> RQ :|

Quote from: xheon on March 29, 2018, 12:24:57 PM
This morning BZ was empty and there were about 10 BZ regulars on drippys... I blame Obama and FF on.
For me the reduced ranking points is another thing.... I almost get negative points every round for playing offy. So I prefer a good/better ping if ranking is not my main goal anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DomiAvenger

Admins dont get to play =(
I basically spent all my game time in spectate to monitor team killings, then filling out report. Think i got like 5 mins of playing in b4 i had to go.

SyKosis

FF ??really?  Cheap trollz.  Needs  to be off...

FjS

I don't actually mind FF being on. I think it makes me a more deliberate and cautious player. At least for now. However, on DM maps it's hard to not kill at least one teammate in an average round.

SpamDaddy!

FF is just not the best idea for a pub. Let's turn that off and focus efforts on a plugin that forces you to a random team upon joining the server. You are only able to switch if the teams are out of whack and even then the server switches you. Anyone friends with Drippy and can talk him out of that particular plugin? =D

Ballsack

I'll try and not complain about FF....

It would be interesting to see the results of a poll on the webpage regarding FF.

I'm curious why it is on all the time?  Just an experiment?  Part of the server renovation?

Thanks.

Bishop

We appreciate the feedback during this trial ff period.  Your concerns will be considered when determining the final server settings.

Please keep an open mind for a few days (one benefit from ff is reduced nade spam).  Mirror damage is another option we could consider.

Guts

I fucking love it. Please keep it. Cuts way down on spam and I can't get enough of enemy emps killing their entire team and blowing up demo pipes and sg's. The only thing I would say is spy pills can be caca.

Master

sounds to me like its time to bring back NeoTF or TFC Tech

DomiAvenger

Nuggs

Quote from: Master on March 30, 2018, 09:46:33 AM
sounds to me like its time to bring back NeoTF or TFC Tech

dont.wav

Master, troll level 9000 rn

Reesor

If I had to give my 2 cents, FF is more trouble than it's worth.  There may be a couple pros, but the cons of people tk'ing you, people running into your grenades and being tk'ed, spies being stronger due to less spy-checking, having to watch concs and hh's for fear of hitting a teammate.... they all make the server less enjoyable IMO.  FF is fine for scrims and matches, but not for pubs when there is little to no teamwork. 

I can absolutely appreciate many long time players taking an active, out of the box approach to make this game better, and to get more players to play it / keep existing players playing it.  I hope you continue to brainstorm other ideas and invite folks to chime in.  FF is a solid no from me.