News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

"Player get me!" 5 STEAM_0:1:5549373 5 10:51 51 0

Started by froob, March 18, 2018, 08:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froob

"Player get me!" 5 STEAM_0:1:5549373   5 10:51   51    0

8:15 PM, 3/18/18. 2fort

Standing in front of our spawn door as med, and infected anyone who came out.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

froob

Update: Entered our spawn w/ conc just after I requested he stop with the spawn shit.

Instead of turning around he tossed a nade (or two) while in our sniper spawn.

Again, on 2fort 8:20 pm, 3/18/18
Edit: Attached a demo of this asshole trying to jump into spawn. he attempted it once, then successfully made it up after a skirmish with an engi and blew up a teleporter.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

Bishop

He has a right to go after teleporters in sniper spawn...but that isn't an excuse to attack newly spawn players.  Infecting spawned players leaving is obviously not ok either.  We'll keep closer watch of this player; thanks for the heads up.

Gimpy

froob

Quote from: Bishop on March 19, 2018, 02:05:48 AM
He has a right to go after teleporters in sniper spawn...

So if teleporters are in enemy spawn I can just conc or rocket jump *into* their spawn and blow them up from inside? Throwing a grenade at the teleporters through the spawn door is one thing, but rocket jumping into spawn from the 1st floor doesn't seem right.

Gimpy

If I catch you inside the enemy spawn, I'm banning you.

pizzahut

There needs to be some consistency. Can't have one council member saying it's fine to enter if there is a tele inside and destroy it, and the other saying that's a ban.

froob

Quote from: Gimpy on March 19, 2018, 03:23:21 PM
If I catch you inside the enemy spawn, I'm banning you.

Now obviously I'm not saying I ever did or would do such a thing, I'm just trying to understand if bishop was getting the scenario right.

Swede

Guts

IMO any place you can build a TP I should be able to try and kill it because of it's strategic value. There's no reason why you should be able to build something and have it be completely invulnerable because it's in a spawn. It's the same reason why its not allowed in the majority of spawns on other maps.

Maybe the best option could be to disable building TP's in every spawn. Probably the best solution since there would be no reason to go into spawn at that point.

Venomous Fangs

Fail to see why anyone thinks blowing up a TP in  spawn is of any use, reason been the spawn has plenty of material for an engineer to rebuild one in about 15 seconds, so what is the point of taking it out in the first place? Sure there will be a delay before the engie gets back or respawns after been killed, but it would be minimal, certainly not worth risking spawn ban destroying it.

pizzahut

Quote from: Venomous Fangs on March 21, 2018, 06:14:17 AM
Fail to see why anyone thinks blowing up a TP in  spawn is of any use, reason been the spawn has plenty of material for an engineer to rebuild one in about 15 seconds, so what is the point of taking it out in the first place? Sure there will be a delay before the engie gets back or respawns after been killed, but it would be minimal, certainly not worth risking spawn ban destroying it.
IMO it helps to get a flag, avoiding killed defenders to instantly appear again. These 15s might buy enough time.

Also an engineer might not instantly suicide to rebuild a tele, if he's busy building sentry / disp or fending off attackers. And he may respawn in the wrong spawn room, passing the battlements gives enemy offence (and snipers) a chance to kill him before he reaches the other spawn room.

Quote from: Guts on March 20, 2018, 10:25:23 PM
Maybe the best option could be to disable building TP's in every spawn. Probably the best solution since there would be no reason to go into spawn at that point.
Disabling teleporters in a spawn room can be done but requires each map to be modified manually. (Not the ".bsp" file itself, but through a plugin which allows to add "no build" areas.)

For 2fort there already is a map which has "no build" areas, 2kfort4. There's also a 2kfort5 map, but I don't know what the difference is. http://ozfortress.com/maps/TFC/2kfort5#post280658

Guts

Quote from: Venomous Fangs on March 21, 2018, 06:14:17 AM

It's not for the engy really. If the TP is down and a D solly spawns, then he has to make his way back to the basement. If the engy dies then obviously yes he can rebuild, but its for the other classes that cannot build a TP but who still use it....

Guts

Quote from: Guts on March 20, 2018, 10:25:23 PM
Disabling teleporters in a spawn room can be done but requires each map to be modified manually. (Not the ".bsp" file itself, but through a plugin which allows to add "no build" areas.)
[/quote]

That sounds almost impossible although, this issue does seem to stem around 2fort specifically so maybe just that map needs to be adjusted. Most other maps do not allow TP's in spawn.