News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Important Notice - Use Temp Server

Started by Bishop, March 10, 2018, 02:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishop

Hello Everyone.  In an effort to fix the mass timeouts, Master will be working on the servers and they should not be used.  Until further notice, do not connect to any -[EVIL]- server other than

-[EVIL]- Relocation Unit         192.223.27.178:27015

Please add this IP address to your bookmarks.  We will notify you here when the old IPs are ready for use.  Also, please do not report that servers are down as this will happen routinely.

Thank you for your support and patience to keep TFC alive!

[~X~]Rayzor.HoL

Maybe set a password to BZ? Still players on it who dont read forums :/. So we have two "not so full" servers :)

Master

the server is set up to be used as a redirect server, this was meant to be active yesterday, but I forgot to enable the plugin.. the goal is to leave the other servers (skillz fun/adv lowgrav) connectable, even if rarely while this networking issue is worked out.

The problem is, despite what IP the servers are set to use, the master server think that the servers are all coming from one address.

Until these servers can be displayed properly the server rebuild is halted, if this issue persists with no fix for too much longer, I will have to pick a different OS and restart the build process again. I am doing everything in my power to make sure that _ALL_ servers get fixed as soon as possible, in the meantime, many of the features of battlezone (just the ones we know arent broken) are enabled on our temporary server.

Master

Progress has been made, I am now able to get the servers on the internet list, but now I want to make it so that it doesnt take 5 minutes to do so.

Master

I will be removing the redirect in the morning, while this issue isn't 100% fixed I believe the solution is sufficient for the problem, for the first 5 minutes a server is online, it fails to connect to steam, I need to check if this messes with connectivity at all before declaring this usable, I want to thank you all again for your patience.

[~X~]Rayzor.HoL

My ping is more worse now - almost unplayable, but it should be the same host as before? I dont mean the Relocation Unit ping, it was truely awesome ;P.... or my routing to america has changed, I dont know :/...

pizzahut

Quote from: [~X~]Rayzor.HoL on March 12, 2018, 04:08:05 PM
My ping is more worse now - almost unplayable, but it should be the same host as before? I dont mean the Relocation Unit ping, it was truely awesome ;P.... or my routing to america has changed, I dont know :/...
This server was the Relocation Unit (IP at top of this thread):

192.223.27.178:27015 POOLS CLOSED

It has a better ping for Europeans. But I guess Master is aiming for a location in the centre of the USA, so that east and west coast players have about the same ping.

Master

Quote from: pizzahut on March 13, 2018, 07:28:41 AM
Quote from: [~X~]Rayzor.HoL on March 12, 2018, 04:08:05 PM
This server was the Relocation Unit (IP at top of this thread):

192.223.27.178:27015 POOLS CLOSED

It has a better ping for Europeans. But I guess Master is aiming for a location in the centre of the USA, so that east and west coast players have about the same ping.

The server is in Dallas, TX on the same server it has been on for quite a while now.  you should be pinging the same that you have been, but this ping will be higher than that of the 'Relocation Unit' that we were using for the past week.

I have already been asked about this enough times to understand that a lot of people are curious about this new server and their lower ping, I have already brought it up internally, I have plans on adding a new vote on the esclan homepage to get more of a public opinion on this, there are still a lot of questions to ask before considering moving where we host all of our servers.

User input on this topic is always welcome, I don't play or monitor the servers enough to know how much this will impact the players overall, from what I've been told most people are for this move, however there has been a large abundance of server issues lately and I worry that 'higher ping' may have been one of those things people didn't want to bring up at this new location, given the plethora of other problems that are currently ongoing.