News:

Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Question for admins

Started by OsiriS, February 18, 2018, 04:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OsiriS

I know this is semantics, but it's just something I wonder how the admin team would interpret here considering the current rules.  So if an Engi builds something in his spawn (tele/sg), is that fair game to destroy by enemy>?  I don't believe there have been any complaints about this, nor do I have any, and it doesn't happen much to warrant them, it's just a curiosity I had and wondered what your opinion would be.

Bishop

My 2 cents...One should always be allowed to attack flags/teles/sgs...if people bring these objectives into their spawn, they invite such attacks.  The spawn rule is to protect cheap kills of those who just spawned, not to protect teles/SGs and lamers running from a fight.

Also the 2fort sniper resupply doesn't meet the definition of "spawn" as specified in our rules.

OsiriS

Yeah, that was my opinion on it as well.  I believe all enemy points should be assailable or else there's an unfair advantage.

OsiriS

Also I've heard to it referred to as sniper resupply?  I'm curious, what do the rules say a spawn is?  I always assumed anywhere you respawn is a spawn, heh.  Not trying to be sarcastic or condescending, I'm genuinely curious.

Bishop

Evil game server rules - these can also be accessed from the menu bar above under <info>. 

The rules state that a protected area is

" ...a location primarily used to replenish health/armor/ammo for a player separated from the rest of the map by a team-use only (SOLID) door."

Gimpy

Why is it that people can't get this...

Leave spawns alone?

Swede

Quote from: Gimpy on February 18, 2018, 06:24:34 AM
Why is it that people can't get this...

Leave spawns alone?

Agree

Gimpy

Quote from: OsiriS on February 18, 2018, 04:50:02 AM
anywhere you respawn is a spawn

This is my outlook.

If you are killing people as they are spawning, you are wrong.

It's like back-playing avanti, and dropping MIRV's / pipes where the attacking team is spawning. Its a cheap way to get kills, and will not be tolerated.

pizzahut

Quote from: Bishop on February 18, 2018, 04:43:10 AM
Also the 2fort sniper resupply doesn't meet the definition of "spawn" as specified in our rules.
The last information I got was that even the sniper spawn counts as such a spawn with a closed door, despite the fact that it is open on one side. And thus it's not allowed to kill teleporter entries in there, neither by entering and shooting the tele, nor by throwing a grenade at it (if entry is towards the open side).

Bishop

No, you can kill enemy teles and sgs.  Also you can defend the flag anywhere.

The point is not to target spawning players because it is cheap. 

Quote from: pizzahut on February 18, 2018, 12:19:42 PM
Quote from: Bishop on February 18, 2018, 04:43:10 AM
The last information I got was that even the sniper spawn counts as such a spawn with a closed door, despite the fact that it is open on one side. And thus it's not allowed to kill teleporter entries in there, neither by entering and shooting the tele, nor by throwing a grenade at it (if entry is towards the open side).

OsiriS

Interesting, thanks for the lively discussion chaps :D

SpamDaddy!

Let us clear the "defend flag" point up as it is mentioned here multiple times. Often times people make it back to their base from enemy base and immediately seek out their spawn in order to be sure they can make it thru the fray to the cap without dieing.

Once you enter your spawn, if the enemy KNOWS you are in there you have just effectively trapped yourself. The goal of CTF is to not allow capture of your flag. Now you have not only trapped yourself but you have caused a very large problem for your teammates.

The first thing people yell is spawn camping/spamming. When thet door opens to spawn there isn't time to figure out of the flag is coming out or not especially with the speed skill level of players like Bishop.

Obviously you cannot emp spawn and hope to kill thru walls or use nails or pills to go thru walls.

The question here is can you pipe and or grenade that spawn until the flag is capped or returns?

Gimpy

This is where Bishop and I agree. If the flag is inside the spawn, pipe the door for all I care.

Bishop

As you can see this starts to cause all sorts of problems.  If the someone is sitting in spawn with the flag and won't come out, they should be kicked for flag holding.

Gimpy

Quote from: Bishop on February 19, 2018, 03:42:46 PM
As you can see this starts to cause all sorts of problems.  If the someone is sitting in spawn with the flag and won't come out, they should be kicked for flag holding.