Please do not feed the trolls.

Main Menu

Spy nading spawn

Started by MrCoala, August 13, 2018, 12:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrCoala

Hey,

today while playing 55 the spy
# 5 "[GER]Dr.KingSchultz" 125 STEAM_0:1:8668499 kept spamming the spawn and eventually paused it as i made a demo.

In the beginning he kept nading the doors after that he went over to place the nades on spawn roof. While writing this i can spectate him going to the enemy spawn and throwing them into the spawn.

froob

Watched it. I can't tell if its intentional or not. He was just spamming G as soon as he walked into blue's base. He had an extremely small amount of time to aim his pills where he wanted them.

Then again, two of his pills he did place above spawn.

55 is a tricky map, people always complain about spawn spam on that map, even though the spawn placement is worse than 2fort's main spawn.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

MrCoala

The demo is pretty short. He did it on purpose while i wrote this post. He was walking towards the door and was throwing the nades into the spawn / at door.

Does ESN still records demos?

froob

I don't know. I don't believe he does atm as dedicated.esclan.net is offline. I think Master disabled it for server work.

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

pizzahut

froob

Quote from: pizzahut on August 13, 2018, 07:15:48 PM
On RV I've disabled gas grenades for 55.

If thats the case you should also disable EMPs and conc for 55, they both go through walls, and one can literally cut a fully armored HWGuy's armor and health in half.

pizzahut

True it doesn't make a lot of sense considering that the 55 spawn door gives full health and armour.

froob

Quote from: pizzahut on August 14, 2018, 01:22:21 PM
True it doesn't make a lot of sense considering that the 55 spawn door gives full health and armour.

Conc and gas both do more than damage the enemy (Yes conc tends to damage enemies if they are near ledges), they give status effects. Which until quite recently were fairly balanced with the cure bag. I know It seems like I will never get over the recent change, but 2 hours is sad. Make it 5 minutes, 10 minutes, whatever, but removing it entirely removes a symbolic feature of battlezone, the nerfing of infections and status effects. If that is still not a good enough change, just make it so the infections don't do damage every 3 seconds. It adds up, believe or not, especially on defense.

I know it's a low blow, and I know that this will come off as trolling or whatever, but because this person I believe is a factor which influenced this change.

(This person) complained about the bhop and infection curing because he can't survive on bzone. Which is why he hides on lo grav playing as engineer, building 8 multiguns in the enemy base which take more damage to kill than a level 3 sentry gun. He complained about bhop because he clearly cannot bhop that well himself or he doesn't have the coordination to kill bhoppers. It's really not that difficult, and besides, bhop isn't even that fast. I believe the cap is at about 140% right now.

He said in a seperate thread
Quote from: Person on October 12, 2016, 07:14:30 AM
No need for bhop with hook.

If you want to talk too fast, op plugins +hook is where its at. On maps like dub_forever one can literally cap 50 times in 20 minutes. I did this myself about a month ago. Sure lo-grav gets little traffic, but regardless.

I think bhop is capped at 150% (not sure, maybe its 170%) Not as fast as you would think.

Point is, (This Person) barely plays on bzone. I play almost every day I learned how to bhop really good in about a month. If I can do it anybody can.

Also, (This Person) plays on Lo-Grav, sure there are no cure bags there, but (This Person) builds multiguns and uses the touch command. If somehow one of the 3 bots at max he can play against by himself on lo-grav infect him (and don't fall prey to one or more of his 7 multiguns) he could just build a multigun and use touch and kill himself.

Just don't take requests from (Those people) when it pertains to *big* features in bzone.

But hey, (That person), I'm not trying to throw shade at you, at all. I'm just suggesting that you become a regular on bzone before you ask for certain changes.