News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Anybody watch anime?

Started by DomiAvenger, October 11, 2017, 08:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DomiAvenger

I do. There have been alot of really good ones lately that are fun to talk about and inform people of if they havent heard of it.
Ya im a bit of a nerd lol. If you do post some you like.

SpamDaddy!

I'm old so the anime I like is old too but here goes:

Ghost in the Shell (yes I liked the recent movie)
Ruroni Kenshin
Evangelion
Vampire Hunter D
Akira
Patlabor: The Movie
Grave of the Fireflies
My Neighbor Totoro
Golgo 13
Appleseed
Mobile Suit Gundam
Robotech
Voltron
Yu Yu Hakosho
M.D. Geist
Amon Saga
Battle Angel Alita

Honorable Mention:
Lone Wolf and Cub - Live action film from 1972 to current in various forms
Be sure that if it says Lone Wolf and Cub or The Blind Swordsman it is material ADAPTED from Write Kazuo Koike and Artist Goseki Kojima!

So yeah, I like some anime too!

DomiAvenger

Ya those are some old school ones. Ive seen Kenshin, not sure if its teh one you watched i think there are a few. Ive seen gundam wing and a couple other series, and yu yu hakusho was awesome lol.
I started around when Dragon Ball Z was big. Then wen on to Naruto, One Piece and since then ive watched countless. Work, TFC, Anime, and sleep, thats my life lol
If you have time there are some newer ones that arent 800 episodes ive watched recently some really good ones.
Ive realized by now I dont wanna type anymore cuz im baked and wanna play TFC. But one you MUST WATCH if you havent is Death Note. in my top 5 anime of all time.

SpamDaddy!

I have heard a ton about Death Note. I know the premise just haven't watched it. My son loves One Piece, DBZ, Full Metal Alchemist, and another one that is escaping me right now. He has lots of the manga as well.

DomiAvenger

SOOO many good ones currently. Attack on Titan, is another amazing show

TheDeathDoctor

Im not HUGE into anime... i started watching Inuyasha with my son just recently, hes only 8. Think thats too young? Idk... ive been thinkiing maybe. We've watched Princess Mononoke with him and The Hiyo Miyazaki films and they werent too bad. Dragon Ball Super is the bomb diggity dank. But MY 8 YEAR OLD WILL NOT WATCH SUBTITLED STUFF!! its a drag.. I just found and old VHS of Ninja Scroll at a Goodwill the other day and watched it with my wife.. WHO FELL ASLEEP!! ahahha
Licence & Registration, CHICKEN FUCKER! BaGAWK!

SpamDaddy!

Man I missed the post in this thread. I haven't ever watched Inuyasha and your wife should be ashamed for falling asleep during ninja scroll. Domi, a friend told me about a fairly recent anime that I really enjoyed the first 12 episodes of. I think there are two more seasons available also. It is called My Hero Academia. Check it out!

Nuggs

I've only watched one anime ever, and that was golgo 13 - the professional

I even created my own cut of the film that removed some of the boring parts and all the creepy rape scenes. I sadly lost the file a few years ago and haven't revisited the film since.

Since you two are clearly anime enthusiasts (nerds) are their any other golgo animes that compare to the professional?

Gimpy

I used to have a golgo 13 Nes game...

DomiAvenger

ive never ehard of golgo 13 the proffesional,  ???
@spam I watch MHA, Its awesome!  :yes:

SpamDaddy!

The film Nuggs is referring to is from 1983. Nuggs there is a Golgo 13 series from 2008  or so that was well received but I haven't seen it. Mainly because those creepy rape scenes you referenced earlier scarred me in my early teens and I wanted nothing else to do with realistic adult anime. I was a giant robot anime fan at that time.I saw it in 1987 then Akira came out the next year in film and manga form and I started watching other stuff. Lone Wolf and Cub is an amazing Manga. Also Patlabor. Awesome. Visit Patlabor.info!!

Anyone here build Gunpla?

Wait a minute? Did you just call me a nerd?

Dude you haven't seen my desk have you? =D

SpamDaddy!

Domi, you gotta watch Black Magic 66 oh and I meant to ask you, because I'm dumb, I left out Cowboy Bebop which is in my top 3 of all time. Have you seen that? It's a must watch!

DomiAvenger

i'll add it to the list. I have seen cowboy bebop, very good ;)

froob

I've been watching this new anime called
誰もがレイモンドを愛している

or "Everybody loves raymond"

"The first blessing is peace, as is agreed by all men who have even a small share of reason...."

DomiAvenger

That Marie has got an ass that wont quit!