News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

Weirdness with BZ

Started by Uncle Fester, June 06, 2017, 06:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Fester

I was having some very strange lag on BZ tonight (8pm at GMT+10).  For example, I could prime and throw a nade, and the grenade itself would appear on screen, but the "you have primed a nade" icon wouldn't appear in the HUD for a good 30s (usually after I was already dead).  Similar with weapon changes, and even picking up health - it _happens_ but it takes a long time for the HUD to reflect the change.

I confirmed that it was _only_ happening on BZ, and another player (Schnitzel) confirmed that it was also happening to him, and only on BZ.

Have there been recent server config changes, or a steam update, or has the internet between the US and the rest of the world been replaced with ultra-slow carrier pigeons?
Infectious flying rats!

Uncle Fester

And at 9:15pm my time, everything was fine again.... must be the interwebs I guess.
Infectious flying rats!

SyKosis

What was the map? Sometimes it occurs on "shutdown2" cause of train sound crash. I think no prob with server. The prob should be the map.

Uncle Fester

It was a couple of different maps - fry_baked and openfire_lowgrens - but not shutdown2.
Infectious flying rats!

Uncle Fester

The same problem occurred again tonight, at 2110 or so (GMT+10).  The map this time was avanti.
Infectious flying rats!

Master

Quote from: Uncle Fester on June 25, 2017, 06:11:50 AM
The same problem occurred again tonight, at 2110 or so (GMT+10).  The map this time was avanti.
OK. I will schedule a restart to see if that fixes it, I will update my post when that restart takes place.

Uncle Fester

Sorry, should have mentioned earlier: by 2115, it was back to normal again.  Maybe something stops happening around then.
Infectious flying rats!