News:

Please donate to help keep the servers running!

Main Menu

Flag Cap Scoring

Started by FjS, April 28, 2017, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FjS

Quote from: Master on May 04, 2017, 02:49:07 PM
I think we are discussing two different things here.. can I get some clarification on what is happening FjS, does your score increase by 100 instead of 10 (or none) when you cap the flag? or does the stats page (stats.esclan.net) report you getting 100 points for a flag cap?

I have been using the 'rank' talk command to ascertain my score while playing. I have never received 10 points for capping, just 100 or 0.

TRAIN CONDUCTRO

I feel that your accounting abilities reflect the fact that you are an incompetent business person.  I have decided to talk to my lawyers and remove you from all current and future business transactions and property deals.

Master

Quote from: FjS on May 04, 2017, 06:35:58 PM
Quote from: Master on May 04, 2017, 02:49:07 PM
I think we are discussing two different things here.. can I get some clarification on what is happening FjS, does your score increase by 100 instead of 10 (or none) when you cap the flag? or does the stats page (stats.esclan.net) report you getting 100 points for a flag cap?

I have been using the 'rank' talk command to ascertain my score while playing. I have never received 10 points for capping, just 100 or 0.
Okay.. this is actually the intended effect.. sort of.. the stats 'lag' behind a little bit, it will not upload any changes to the stats database until it reaches a certain amount of events (I think its 50) which means you are more likely to see it when there are more active players, the '10 points' you are talking about is the 10 frags, and even that is not constant on all maps, but in the event that you think you are not recieving points for a flag cap, please report that map and I can look into it, but I do believe this may just be a misunderstanding between the way stats work and what you expect, the 'rank' command as I just said is not 100% live, it pulls the info from the stats db, which can be missing your actions that were recently performed.

FjS

Ah okay, I figured it was live because more often than not it worked. My apologies for causing this long thread.  :brow:

TRAIN CONDUCTRO

FjS once again you have proven yourself unworthy to be a part of my business enterprise.  I ask that you relinquish all of our shared assets and retire from all future corporate endeavors for your own good.