News:

New Admins: Be sure to read through the Clan Resources forum for admin tips.

Main Menu

What other GoldSource Mods do you play?

Started by Iggy, December 30, 2016, 10:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggy

Every now and then I get an itch to play something "new". Once again, that time is upon me. I know there are a ton of HL1 mods out there, and I've got a few(aside from the Steam releases, of course):

They Hunger trilogy, Headcrab Frenzy, Decay, Half Life: Before.... and apparently lost some when my last Data drive crashed.

So..... Do you have any HL1 engine(GoldSource) games/mods you'd recommend? They can be in the HL "universe", but don't have to be. If they aren't on Steam, a link to a DL site would be greatly appreciated.
Writer, arcade game collector, husband, vintage gamer, cripple, creator of memes, and retro-technologist. Born in the 60s, came of age in the 80s, and what a ride it has been.

Gimpy

Dude. Expand your mind.

Little program called GZDoom. Takes Doom engine WAD files, and makes them look better, adds mouse look, and updates the games out of the caveman era.

Then you just need to get some WAD files!

Doom 1
Doom 2
Heretic
Hexen
Plutonia / TNT (two 32 level Doom2 WADs made by the original creators)

Iggy

Where's a good place to get those from? I have nothing against Doom, but I really haven't played it since the N64 days.

Don't get me wrong, HL games aren't the only kind I play... I've been having a blast playing some old school Star Wars games, now that I have a decent controller for my PC. I also love playing the old Command and Conquer games, but of the entire bunch, I prefer the C&C: Tiberian Sun engine. I did find some mods for that, but I haven't installed them yet.

I don't know if you're on Origin, but if you are, my Origin name is "Iggy81206"(no space, unlike my Steam name).
Writer, arcade game collector, husband, vintage gamer, cripple, creator of memes, and retro-technologist. Born in the 60s, came of age in the 80s, and what a ride it has been.

Nuggs

Quote from: Iggy on December 30, 2016, 04:18:12 PM
Where's a good place to get those from? I have nothing against Doom, but I really haven't played it since the N64 days.

Don't get me wrong, HL games aren't the only kind I play... I've been having a blast playing some old school Star Wars games, now that I have a decent controller for my PC. I also love playing the old Command and Conquer games, but of the entire bunch, I prefer the C&C: Tiberian Sun engine. I did find some mods for that, but I haven't installed them yet.

I don't know if you're on Origin, but if you are, my Origin name is "Iggy81206"(no space, unlike my Steam name).

Doom on 64 is the best version...that is until DOOM 2016 came out.

If you have $`15 to blow I HIGHLY recommend the new doom, its fucking AWESOME

Iggy

Quote from: Nuggs on December 30, 2016, 05:17:43 PM
Quote from: Iggy on December 30, 2016, 04:18:12 PM

Doom on 64 is the best version...that is until DOOM 2016 came out.

If you have $`15 to blow I HIGHLY recommend the new doom, its fucking AWESOME

So I've heard. Sadly, I don't have the $$ for it, and there's a good chance my system couldn't handle it anyway.

Gimpy

I got the new Doom game for XBoxOne for Christmas. Haven't picked it up yet. (don't start... I got a new gaming PC that I'm playing first)

Iggy - I can send you the .WAD files via File Dropper. They really aren't that big.

GZDoom is here though

https://gzdoom.drdteam.org/index.php

Butterbean

I Just got doom for the PC and am enjoying it on my new gaming rig also :)

Iggy

Quote from: Gimpy on December 30, 2016, 08:17:08 PM
I got the new Doom game for XBoxOne for Christmas. Haven't picked it up yet. (don't start... I got a new gaming PC that I'm playing first)

Iggy - I can send you the .WAD files via File Dropper. They really aren't that big.

GZDoom is here though

https://gzdoom.drdteam.org/index.php

Sweet! Appreciate it! I DL'd the 64 bit version, since I've got a 64 bit system. If that doesn't work, I'll DL the 32 bit one. Just hit me up whenever you have time to upload those. Thanks again!